Need Vehicle Inspection Near Greenville, NC - Team Camaro Tech
Non-Camaro Tech Problems and Issues with your daily driver or other non-Camaro vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 17, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Charlie

Garage
Need Vehicle Inspection Near Greenville, NC

Hey guys,

I am hopeful of hearing from someone that could do a complete vehicle inspection for me in the Greenville, NC area. Preferably with some knowledge and experience spotting Rust, panel fitment, paint and finish quality, ability to view the underside for damage or rust, able to confirm operation of the electrical components and listen to a running motor for any variance.

If willing and interested please send me a pm. Willing to compensate for confidential feedback, time, effort and knowledge.

Charlie
Edmonds, WA
1969 Camaro SS Vert LS1 T56
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 17, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Charlie

Garage
Re: Need Vehicle Inspection Near Greenville, NC

Hey guys,

Let me rephrase my inquiry in order to solicit some help.

I'm looking at a non Camaro, non Chevrolet classic that I would like to buy. My challenges are the car is 3,000 miles from me and I'm dealing with the widow of the guy that owned the car. Her sale solution is for me to send her the certified funds which she will then take to her bank and once cleared she will allow a transporter to pick up the car! Does anyone else see a problem with this?

My thought was to get someone on here to go check out the car and take pictures of the Title, the VIN and the Fender Tag, although it still leaves me with sending her the $ and just being hopeful she releases the car and the title to me.

Any suggestions?

Charlie
Edmonds, WA
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 17, 05:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Hope there is someone who can look at this vehicle for you. Smells like a scam to me.

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 17, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Charlie

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew69 View Post
Hope there is someone who can look at this vehicle for you. Smells like a scam to me.
Well, she is definitely a little difficult to get ahold of, although if she wanted to scam me she sure allows a lot of time between phone contacts which seams unusual.

Here's my question------------- what steps should a distant buyer take to purchase a car from a private seller at a very long distant? There are good independent vehicle inspection companies that will inspect the car and complete their form report for $300. Not perfect, but at least that should cover rust and any undisclosed damage.

This leaves the big money question in that how can I transfer funds to a private seller whom doesn't trust the validity of my bank cashiers check until it clears and at the same time ensure there is independent control of the vehicle and title?

Charlie
Edmonds, WA
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 17, 06:28 AM
Senior Tech
Bill

Garage

If it were me, I'd first have the car inspected by a friend or perhaps TC member to the best of their ability. If it passes the first inspection, and I was fairly confident that I was going to buy it, I would do the leg work to arrange transportation. Just get it ready to go.
Then I would go there and inspect the car myself. This would be a great opportunity to get to know the seller better. Maybe she's got more parts or paper work, or something else that I would also want. Maybe work on the price.
Assuming it passes inspection, go with the woman to her bank and transfer funds and ownership paperwork.
Once I was the official owner, I would get the pre-arranged transportation to pick it up asap.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 17, 04:32 AM
DT
Gold Lifetime Member
Donny

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromaniac View Post
Hey guys,

Let me rephrase my inquiry in order to solicit some help.

I'm looking at a non Camaro, non Chevrolet classic that I would like to buy. My challenges are the car is 3,000 miles from me and I'm dealing with the widow of the guy that owned the car. Her sale solution is for me to send her the certified funds which she will then take to her bank and once cleared she will allow a transporter to pick up the car! Does anyone else see a problem with this?

My thought was to get someone on here to go check out the car and take pictures of the Title, the VIN and the Fender Tag, although it still leaves me with sending her the $ and just being hopeful she releases the car and the title to me.

Any suggestions?
Your NOT serious ??? SCAM 101 !!!!!

1969 X66 396 LeMans Blue, M20, 373 (Sold)
1969 Convertible LS3 TKO 600, 373
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 17, 05:47 AM
Team Member
Don

Use an escrow service or don't buy it. I smell scam as above...

Don

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2 - sold
1959 El Camino project
1969 Mustang Sportsroof project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain
1957 Buick Caballero project
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 17, 07:36 AM
John

Garage

The only way is to go there and make the deal face to face.

Just way too many "widows" out there selling cars these days. Lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode