Smoking - Team Camaro Tech
Non-Camaro Tech Problems and Issues with your daily driver or other non-Camaro vehicles.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 18, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Wayne

Garage
Smoking

Hi all,

I have a question for everyone. I was wondering if your a smoker, do you smoke in the car? I am going to guess a resounding NO, but I'm just curious.

Thanks,

RumRunner
68 SS coupe (clone) 350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 18, 12:10 AM
Team Member
Tim

Re: Smoking

are we talking tobacco or weed?

1967 RS/SS Coupe, Factory A/C, 2nd owner, original paint -Taho Turquoise 3 Spd on the floor, bench seat, fold down rear seat

1967 RS Convertible Factory A/C, PS, PB PG 327
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 18, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Wayne

Garage

Niblet,
Tobacco

RumRunner
68 SS coupe (clone) 350

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 18, 01:16 AM
Team Member
Tim

ok,,thanks for the clarification, I actually tried to start smoking in high school as I thought it was cool
I quickly found out I couldnt handle tobacco,,it made me nauseous,,, now that other stuff,,,THAT I was good at, weird huh?

1967 RS/SS Coupe, Factory A/C, 2nd owner, original paint -Taho Turquoise 3 Spd on the floor, bench seat, fold down rear seat

1967 RS Convertible Factory A/C, PS, PB PG 327
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 18, 02:10 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

I havn't smoked in 30 years, but I used to smoke in all my cars
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 18, 04:02 AM
Kevin

I never smoked in cars back when I did, 40 years ago. I heard the smoke plays havoc with electronics!

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 18, 04:19 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niblet View Post
1968RallySport and Niblet like this.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 18, 04:41 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Funny to run into this thread since yesterday I was in the sticks in a pole barn looking at a nicely kept 72.
She was parked late last year after the owner had both hips replaced. I wasn't there to buy the car. Just visiting, but he gave me the keys and said she needed to be started. He is still having issues getting in and out of vehicles where the seat is much lower than his center of gravity so he has been using his truck for everything.

I looked in with wonder. The interior is perfect, no wear, tears or cracks on the dash, all original. I opened the wide heavy door and was knocked out by the smell of cigarette. He noticed my reaction. "Yeah I was still a smoker at that point and the only place the "General" (his wife of course) would allow me to smoke was in this car. So I made a lot of trips to nowhere in particular in her." I flipped the ashtrays open front and back and yup well used but empty. I wonder if the smoke helped protect the interior. I only sat in it less than five minutes but felt like I lived in the ashtray a year or two. Felt like I needed to burn my clothes and take a car-wash hazmat shower.

So for those smokers out there: Do you think there are any benefits to smoke settling on your interior? Like curing meat? Do you actually see it when you detail the interior on the rags?

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 18, 04:45 AM
John

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niblet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
X2 That explains things now. lol

Never smoked tobacco tried the weed when I was like 16, 50 years ago, didn't like it then and don't like it now.

I worked as an orderly at LA County Hospital when I was in college. Saw a lot of lung disease close up. Definitely made me never want to smoke anything for sure

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 18, 05:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
Funny to run into this thread since yesterday I was in the sticks in a pole barn looking at a nicely kept 72.
She was parked late last year after the owner had both hips replaced. I wasn't there to buy the car. Just visiting, but he gave me the keys and said she needed to be started. He is still having issues getting in and out of vehicles where the seat is much lower than his center of gravity so he has been using his truck for everything.

I looked in with wonder. The interior is perfect, no wear, tears or cracks on the dash, all original. I opened the wide heavy door and was knocked out by the smell of cigarette. He noticed my reaction. "Yeah I was still a smoker at that point and the only place the "General" (his wife of course) would allow me to smoke was in this car. So I made a lot of trips to nowhere in particular in her." I flipped the ashtrays open front and back and yup well used but empty. I wonder if the smoke helped protect the interior. I only sat in it less than five minutes but felt like I lived in the ashtray a year or two. Felt like I needed to burn my clothes and take a car-wash hazmat shower.

So for those smokers out there: Do you think there are any benefits to smoke settling on your interior? Like curing meat? Do you actually see it when you detail the interior on the rags?
Being an Ex smoker I can relate to the overwellming odor that you encountered when you open that door. I have two kids that smoke and when I get around them OMG!. As do I see it when I detail, Yes that inch long burn on the lower seat cushion of my fold down rear seat from one that didn't make it out the window.

Jeff
69-Pace likes this.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 18, 06:07 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Used to be a smoker, and yes I smoked in my vehicles.
I can't say it "preserved" the interior....but had more than one ash burnt carpet over the years

I have since went to vaping for about a year, yes also in the car/s, and now smoke free as I went from 6mg nic. to 0 over the course of that year or so....much easier than the patch or gum and no side effects like Chantix (plus it smells much better) AND, done with that now too.

I can't believe I smelled that bad (ashtray) BUT ! I am not one of those ex-smokers that is going to preach
69-Pace likes this.

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 18, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Wayne

Garage

Thank you all for the comments. The reason I ask is because even though my car has the original interior which is soon to be changed. I don't smoke in the camaro. I'll smoke like a chimney in my truck, but won't even reach for the cigarettes when I'm driving my camaro. Yes, I am trying to quit. I've done it before I can do it again. But I was just wondering.

Thanks,

RumRunner
68 SS coupe (clone) 350
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 18, 07:21 AM
Senior Tech
Ed

When I did smoke, I NEVER smoked in my car!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 18, 07:56 AM
Senior Tech
Travis

Used to ..... a cigar every once in awhile when out for a drive in the mountains - windows down.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 18, 09:22 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

I was a heavy smoker. 2 packs of plain end a day. now I can't stand to be around anyone who smokes. maybe because I have asthma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode