Smokers - Team Camaro Tech
Non-Camaro Tech Problems and Issues with your daily driver or other non-Camaro vehicles.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 19, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Wayne

Garage
Smokers

Hi all,

I am looking for an alternative to smoking cigarettes. I'm looking at Blu and Juul. I currently smoke a pack of cigarettes every three to four days (Marlboro Reds). I am open to any alternative, please let me know what you all use.

Thank You,

RumRunner
68 SS coupe (clone) 350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 19, 09:20 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

Re: Smokers

I just quit cold turkey.
you can too if you set your mind to it
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 19, 10:21 AM
John

Garage

Just stop any other alternative is just trading one bad habit for another

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 19, 10:31 AM
Senior Tech
Jon

Had a good friend die from lung cancer. That was a sign for me to quit. I went from two packs a day to zip, cold turkey. Chewing gum did help.

25+ years ago and still smoke free. I quit the chewing gum after a few years.

Jon N

The only reason someone would want insurance is if they want to pay someone elses bills or want someone else to pay their bills.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 19, 10:48 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

You are only smoking 5 butts a day, now is the time to just cold turkey it as has already been suggested. It shouldn't be that hard, I was at about half a pack a day when I quit and it seemed fairly easy for me and when I did it, the bars, bowling alley and every other place was smoke filled. With all the limited/no smoking these days all you have to do is clean the carpet and drapes in your house and maybe throw in a fresh coat of paint inside and you shouldn't have any lingering odors to tempt you.

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 19, 11:15 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Vince

Garage

Quit the day I turned 40, cold turkey also. I hate to fail at anything so that helped. Started chomping on carrots on the drive to work instead of the cig. Topped out at 210 but now back to 185, weight is the factor to be aware of, it happens quick! I wish you luck.
yellow69RS likes this.

1967 327 4spd convertible 119K
1968 RS Z/28 04D Norwood have owned twice
1968 RS Z/28 04D Van Nuys asleep for 36 years
1969 Z/28 X33
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 19, 07:05 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Quit the day I married my second wife of 34 years this 4TH of July. Now, with my first wife of only 8 years, I smoked 3 packs A DAY...so I was ready! Of course it was a no brainer to keep smoking when Marlboros were only $2.75 a carton at the BX with no state tax seal. Just don't pick it back up. I went with cigars when my pop turned me on to a Cuban he would get from his friend in Canada. That actually helped ween me off completely.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06A 1969 Camaro Z28
X33D80 69 B 711 Black Stripes
Console w/tach and gauges.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 19, 05:04 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Don't waste your money on Blu or Juul.

Go to a Vape shop and get a mod...not one of those pen style, but a real mod....3mg of nicotine MAX at your smoking level.
After a few weeks/months you can lower the nicotine and work your way to zero.... do 0 for a while and you're done. You will find yourself hitting it less and less over time.

Also, IF you get the urge, go ahead and take a puff off it....that whole hand to mouth thing is hard to break.

I talked to my Doctor about vaping and he said between smoking and vaping….he'd rather see me vape, but neither would be best.

IF you are serious, I would suggest something that takes a battery (not built in).

https://www.directvapor.com/starter-kits/box-mods/

Lots out there and I would keep it under $100, use a local place so any questions can be answered, problems addressed.

Good luck Brother, kicking the stinkys is a PITA.

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 19, 05:30 PM
John

Garage

Doug. I strongly disagree with the vaping alternative. One bad habit for another. I also believe in the not to distant future we’ll be seeing the harm done by chemical introduced into the body by vaping. Class action suites will follow.

Imho be strong willed and just quit. No crutch needed.
69Z28 and Chevy68 like this.

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 19, 04:34 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Greg

Garage

I agree with John. Just quit. You owe it to yourself and your family. I lost my mom to lung cancer, my dad was recently diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and a funeral yesterday for an good elementary school friend that passed at 49 from lung cancer. Cancer is no joke and vaping is no better - you are inhaling heated oil. Stay strong and go cold turkey.

'68 Camaro with RS conversion
Moser 9" with 4:11
Martz Chassis 4-link and Front Sub-frame
Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 speed
572 BB - CM Engines
Wilwood 6 piston front and 4 piston rear disc
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 02:55 PM
Senior Tech
Maurice

Yup, I think you're fooling yourself if you think vaping is any better... Wait a few years and see, just like everything else.

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 03:16 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

I'm no expert, but I'm at the hospital quite often being a firefighter/medic. I also sit in on medical seminars. Vaping is putting vaper "ie" a foreign steam like substance with a flavor and a scent into your lungs. That vapor is covering the avoli in your lungs. They get covered in the fluid that should not be there. Thus you cough and get sick, can't breath, and generally feel like crap. Not vamping, but close to same reaction is POPCORN LUNG . Sounds dumb, but people are dying because they are breathing in the steam when they open up a bag of microwave popcorn. You don't smoke much now, just quit. Your family and your friends will go to your funeral much later.

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 05:32 PM
RDW
Senior Tech
Bob

Garage

I quit 22 years ago I ayyed them down and never looked back. Yes it was a struggle for the 1st 2 weeks but after that I never wanted another. Also when I quit I smoked 1-1/2 packs of kool filter kings a day, so cold turkey is the only way

67 Camaro coupe 327 automatic
78 RS Camaro 350 automatic (sold)
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 19, 10:41 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charlie

Garage

Wayne,

You reached out to all of us and as you can see we whole heartedly support your decision to quit smoking. As noted, don't sell out by trading one bad habit for another via Vaping or anything else. And use this time to start or expand on your fitness program to get in better shape, keeping the weight down. Do it first for yourself, the love of a healthy life you can live and share with your family and friends (that would be all of us)!
69Z28 likes this.

Charlie
Edmonds, WA
1969 Camaro SS Vert LS1 T56
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 19, 11:29 AM
Team Member
Steve

Wayne

i was a smoker until last April when i found out i had stage 4 lung cancer. I never thought i could quit smoking until that day. I started with the patches (Walmart Brand) , and Blu . Used the Blu for about a month ,and the patches . The patches start at level 21 ,and i used them for about 2 months ,then just stopped . Good luck , you can do it.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode