confused - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 09, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

confused

Hello all,
im very confused to my new camaro i got. its a 93 base, 3.4, 5 speed manual. nothing fancy yet.the kid i got it from was a complete car idiot and im going through and correcting all his mastakes. now i got a check engine light and i went and shorted terminal a and b but the light did not flash instead the electric fan came on. what the heck???need some help here.and it has a 12 pin connector
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 09, 05:18 PM
Senior Tech

Re: confused

I'm not sure the wire shorting trick worked on 93s - hopefully someone can confirm. I know it did in 87.

Dave
========================
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 09, 05:37 PM
Senior Tech

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 09, 01:42 AM
eyal

it should work in 93 it still the same cpu
and the fan do suppose to come on
so you do it right....but im not sure why the light does not flashes
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 09, 10:14 AM
Senior Tech
Michael

93's do do it.. Have done it multiple times. Somebody messed up your wiring. There should be no fan controls through the MIL. the ECM might kick the fans on then off quick indicating going into diagnostic mode it also does this during pulling an flashing a tune on 94's. Not sure it would on a 93 because of the rom base. Not sure though. Hold it in a couple of seconds try all terminals and see if it works.

A couple terminals are for the trans and you cant hurt anything by jumping the terminals.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 09, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

I had the car looked at and it had a bad coolant sensor . i replaced it and it ran fine for a little bit now it wont start. before itwould run really good then after awhile it would rev up andf idle at about 3k if i give it gas it just dies no missing or anything just dead. if i let off before it gets to low then it will go back to 2-3k. it stalled and now it wont start. i have brand new wires, plugs, TPS, and coolant sensor. what in the heck could be wrong??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode