96 3.8 V6 multiple problems - HELP!
Hey everyone, this is my first post on here, so hopefully it goes well. I have a 96 3.8 V6 with about 91,500 miles. Everything is stock, so there's no mods causing problems. I'll run down the problems with the important ones first.
1. Strong burning rubber smell
2. Temperature runs high, gauge showed level above the halfway point ~220 after about 5 minutes
3. Smoke coming off top of the engine, not a large amount and can't find the source, but it's somewhere around the thermostat.
4. Leak after the muffler at the clamp connecting the tailpipe (see pic). The fluid looks clear, but has a smell (not sure what kind). Leak is only on passenger side
5. Coolant level is off. In the reservoir the measuring thing reads above full, even after draining a couple of quarts
6. Battery level gauge seems high after start, then slows down after the car's run for awhile.
7. Air Conditioning doesn't push any cold. Not too important right now, but definitely will need it fixed for summer.
I've replaced the thermostat and the PCV valve, and just had the oil changed, but the shop didn't say whether there was anything weird about the oil. The Service Engine light was on, and it had code P0125. This was before the thermostat was replaced, and I cleared the code. When I ran it after install, the light didn't come back on, but if it does I'll update.
I'm not sure where to go next, and any help would be appreciated. I have the Chilton service manual so any reference to something in there would work too. Thanks.