Stalling. Restarts Is it the heat? - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 10, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Ed

Stalling. Restarts Is it the heat?

I just finished putting new plugs, rotor and cap in on my Type LT. The weather here in Oregon has finally started to look like summer. I am getting stalling issues. when I run around town everything is fine... then I stall while moving in traffic. Pull to the side. Pump the gas twice (pray), and crank, no start. OR crank, start and stall after giving it my beat acceleration massage. After a few minutes of this I master the feathering of the throttle and head for the refuge of my driveway. It is 100 degrees here today; but I need reliable wheels. I pulled the fuel line at the banjo of the 1406 Edelbrock and cranked the engine- lots of fuel! I pulled the 1406 carb and reset the floats 7/16" and 15/16" hanging. Cleaned the rods, blew out the mixture screws and checked for vacuum leaks. I am ready to replumb the fuel lines. I picked up a Edelbrock 8190 Fuel pressure regulator.

Question: Now what? It did not come with any installation instructions- none found at Ed.com. All it came with is a packet of screws/lock washers (2 each) No info as to where to place it in the line- or how (one INLET- 2 OUTLETS). Does anyone run this regulator- got a photo you can post? What in hell are the scres/washers for?

I am not sure if this is/has been a carb issue or a pressure issue (too much) or a vapor lock due to summer heat?

Help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 08:38 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Re: Stalling. Restarts Is it the heat?

Do you have a vented gas cap or line? Also a heat shield may work if it is boiling the fuel from the bowls. When it stalls pop the hood and look in the carb to see if fuel is boiling over and listen for the sound of bowling fuel in the bowls.

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 09:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

I used to have that carb on my BBC and it was notorious for fuel percolation. As Skip already asked, do you have heat plate between the intake and carb? I got one and it helped a bunch but I still had issues on hot summer days. The pressure regulator you got is very similar to my Holley one. Most guys plug one of the out lines and that leaves you with one in and one out. So...from fuel pump to the in-line on the regulator and from the regulator out-line to the carb. Some guys will run a pressure gauge off the second out line. A pressure gauge is a must the regulator or otherwise what's the point, right? Below is a picture how I plumbed mine. I've see a lot of them mounted on the passenger fender well next to the heater hoses. Before I did mine the way I did, I was thinking about mounting it to the passenger side head, specifically the front of it.

Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Ed

Zlek,

That is criminal awesome. I have seen shiny plumbing like that since the "after" photos from my colonoscopy. I am not buying enough gaskets and degreaser!
Thanks.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 01:22 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpdx View Post
...I have seen shiny plumbing like that since the "after" photos from my colonoscopy...

Matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode