92 camaro rs check engine light - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 11, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Smile 92 camaro rs check engine light

92 Camaro rs, 3.1 liter, auto trans. Getting code 32. Replaced digital egr valve, checked continuity of egr wires to the ecm (they are ok), replaced map sensor, o2 sensor and all vacuum lines. The car lopes when it throws the check engine light and flashes the inflation restraint light, both at the same time. Some one told me that the next time I check for codes, unplug the egr valve. With the key on, attach a test light, clip lead to ground and the probe end to the pink/blk wire. The light came on. Then they said to attach the clip lead to the alternator positive and the probe end to the blue, brown and red wire one at a time to see if the light came on. No light for each wire. Took off the aldl shorting wire and did the same. Got the same results for every wire, no light. (apparently this test is from the manufacture) No ground is being applied to the blue, brown, red wire via the ecm. But I can make the egr turn on. Is it possible to attach a oscilloscope to the egr wire to see the switching signal? Or does someone have any other ideas why my white princess is acting up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 11, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: 92 camaro rs check engine light

Have you removed the fuel regulator hose to check for fuel inside of hose?
Otherwise, reads like a vacuum leak.
You might use a temp gun to shoot exh manifold port temps to 'see' the dead/lean cylinder.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 11, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Why would that give a code 32?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 11, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

You might disconnect a battery cable, ground/black wire preferred, for about a minute to erase memory and start over and let ECM relearn.
You can o'scope the EGR wires if you like to gain more knowledge.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 6th, 11, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Is there a ecm re-learn procedure? If so, how is it done. Since I replaced the Map sensor, it runs worse now. Within seconds of starting, it now lopes and at times it is hard starting as well. Also throws code 42. Which I understand to be the distributor not receiving the bypass signal from the ecm. So far, no code 32.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1992, camaro, code 32, loping

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode