Starting problems. 327. - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 03, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Red face

I just finished up installing some brand new items in my '67 Camaro 327. MSD 8360 "ready to run" dist. MSD Blaster 2 coil, Demon 625, Edelbrock Performer AirGap RPM, and Moroso Blue Max cut to fit wires. On the initial attempt to fire up the engine, all was fine. I took the car out for a quick spin and realized a huge power gain. I sat the car overnite and attempted to fire up the car and it just kept turning over without firing up. I quit after a few attempts. I did have a brief ignition, but the idle was very rough and upon a little accelleration, bogged down and died. Any ideas ? Thanks for your replies. Dan

'67 Camaro rs, L30-327/275.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 03, 10:31 PM
Senior Tech

Just quick guessing not knowing the parts you put in but the coil might of been wired to be on all the time and didn't like being on all night. Then possibly an intake manifold leak. Good luck with the exploratory operation doctor.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 03, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Smile

Problem solved. Like any major swap out, adjustments were due. Apparently, I had the carb way too rich to start off. Fouled nealy all the plugs. Put in a new set of Delco plugs, some carb adjustments and turned the key...Vrrrrroooom !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode