Horn wiring trouble in 69 - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 00, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

First I bought two new horns because there was none when I bought the car then I put them in and they arent getting any juice. I track the dead end to the steering coloumn and take the wheel all apart and I cant see how in the world they would ever work.. nothing contacts the end of the wire in there it looks like to me. so I temporary hook it up with aligator clamps and all I get is the horn relay to buzz. ???? I have not bought the 69 factory assembly manual yet and the chiltons blows goats. I dont know what to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 00, 10:36 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

hmmmmm, start at the middle and work both ways. Horn Relay. Little box on drivers side of rad support, near regulator. I't used as a junction block, too, so there's lots of wires. Basically 3 terminals. One is hot from horn fuse in fuseblock. one goes to horns. The third goes to the steering column, and energizes the relay when grounded. So, if you take off the wire that goes to the horns, and touch it to the terminal with lots of wires, it should honk. (if it don't the horns or wiiring to them is bad.) If you put it back on, and use your jumper wire to ground the terminal with only one small wire , it should honk. (if it did before and don't now, the relay is bad.) If both tests honk, there is a problem with the horn button or wiring leading to it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode