dash lights on whenever ignotion is on--also GEN light on all the time - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 00, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Lightbulb

I noticed today after putting my dash back together after painting that the Dash lights are on whenever the car is on regardless of the position of the light switch. Is this normal? I made sure all grounds on the dash carrier were in contact.

The GEN light is also on. ALL other light functions like hazard, turns and brakes are fine. No dim indicators or other weird problems. Voltage is 12.47 running or not--Is alt a possible problem?

Thanks
Lance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 00, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

ee ghad---a premature post-alation. Well I solved the GEN light problem. I went back and put the voltmeter on the bat and traced the wires around the engine compartment. I noticed that the volts changed when I moved the bundle of wires coming from the Alt. I unwrapped the tape job and found the connector for the blue and white wires were barely making contact. I corrected this and the GEN light is off.

The only problem left is the dash lights -and the tail lights come on when the key is turned on. The light switch was taken out when I painted the dash so I'm suspecting it may have a problem.

Thanks for the good intentions
Lance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode