Car idles fine but give gas dies in any gear except park - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 11, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Car idles fine but give gas dies in any gear except park

Okay cant quite figure this out

My car idles fine in any gear. Once give "enough" gas in any forward gear or reverse it will die. I can rev it up in park without any issues. Please let me know any info that would help diagnoise this and ill tell you what I know.

Ill dirnk a beer for the guy who helps me tonight, hell ill drink several for ya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 11, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: Car idles fine but give gas dies in any gear except park

Ensure fuel squirts into the venturi at the same motion the throttle is moved, however slight.
Might even increase initial timing.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 11, 11:10 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Check it squirts as Everett says
That ok
Check the gap (holley) when Throttle wide open with 1 hand....push/lever up the accel pump with the other, then with your teeth, make sure there is a 15 to 18 thou gap.
If u have dentures may be best to get someone to measure the gap.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 11, 09:45 AM
kt
Senior Tech
kelly

what kind of machine is this. Carb, or injected?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 11, 01:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harry

classic vacum leak symptom.
check your vacum hoses!!!!!
or if hoses are ok the it can be a blown modulator valve on the trans.

434 stroker
US Navy retired

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 11, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

The fuel squirts at the same motion advanmceing the timing and thats what it was. Thanks guy's!!! Time to drive now, Let me know your drink of choice and ill throw it down tonight!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 11, 04:10 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

15 yr Chivas.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 11, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Alaskan Amber.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 11, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Well im ashamed to admit either you guys have more class than me or just more worldly experince. I know neither of those drinks So in lieu I hope you can settle for red stripe and some margaritas. You guys ever need any IT help let me know I work as a system adminstrator so long as its a windows based PC I can probably help you out. PS best margaritas recipie Ive came across below. Cheers!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Margaritas/Detail.aspx
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 11, 11:24 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Quote:
Well im ashamed to admit either you guys have more class than me or just more worldly experince.
SHAME on you..heathen...never had a drop of aged Chivas wiskey....
My Son , a couple yrs ago was returning from a job overseas...suggested he would pick me up a bottle in duty free.....hes never made the offter again....the Chivas nearly broke his bank a/c lol...
Its not about the volume one drinks...after a couple one can drink meths and not know the difference....its about the quailty, and remaining sober enough to enjoy every drop.
Anyway I cant afford to drink it by the volume lol
20yr old Henessy 2nd choice.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 11, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Ill have to remember that last part, have trouble there sometimes lol. I looked up the chivas... you werent joking! I drink red stripe when im feeling rich'ish' Ill pick up a bottle of chivas when im feeling uber rich. Thanks for the tip, always ready to try something new!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode