NOW SMOKE FROM ONE SIDE - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 02, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Hello i had blueish white smoke coming from both tailpipes of my 68 camaro.(true duels with headers)I had installed a new performer intake and 600 cfm carb on my 327 engine.Now i figured i had my pcv system hooked up wrong so i put pcv in valve cover a breather in the other.I now have no smoke at all from 1 tail pipe and a good amount of blueish white smoke from the other.Car did not smoke before up grade from a 2bbl.Had a master tech install new felpro ultral seal intake gaskets on car that side still smokes.Also added a new fuel pump due to low fuel pressure.If i switch the pcv to the other side and switch the breather also same side still smokes.Would not useing silicone on the threads of the intake have something to do with this problem?thanks in advance CRAIG B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 02, 01:42 PM
Senior Tech
Matt Jones

Could the intake gaskets not be sealing correctly? I could imagine the oil getting sucked in (if possible) if they weren't lined up or sealed.
Depending how the PCV is hooked up, it may or may not make a difference (the PCV, that is).

How do you have your PCV hose routed? To the carb, or a intake runner? If to the carb, it shouldn't be a PCV problem. If to the intake runner, possibly the PCV valve is sucking oil in, so make sure it is baffled.

------------------
1969 Base Camaro
Vortec 355, Perf. RPM, Demon Carb., TH-400
All sheetmetal is NOS GM
See my NEW webpage at: http://www.geocities.com/compuboy007/

[This message has been edited by Silver69Camaro (edited 04-21-2002).]
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 02, 03:06 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
Could you have a cracked head that only shows up when engines warm? have a pressure test done when engines at operating temp.Also if you have a PVC valve, you do have a breather cap? if not you could pull a vacuum and pull oil pass seals. just some things to check.

------------------
My '68 Camaro
Doug G.
68 Camaro
406 ci.
[email protected] W/ 2.73POSI.

[This message has been edited by DOUG G (edited 04-21-2002).]

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 02, 02:26 AM
Senior Tech

Does it smoke constant, or just when you let off the gas ?
Pull the plugs from the side that is smoking,If the the two center plugs are fouled, I would say that the intake is leaking, If it is the back cylinder that is fouled check the trans modulator valve the smoke may be tranni oil, or brake fluid from the power booster, You should notice these levels are down, and may have topped them up recently,
If all plugs are rusted and very clean it may be antifreeze.
Is this smoke only there when you start the car as my 68 will smoke one side untill it warms up and the heat riser valve opens, The smoke I see is only condensation, after it gets hot no smoke at all.
Check the heat riser for proper operation and that it is not stuck in the closed postion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode