can't get car toi start - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 01, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Angry

I asked the other day about wiring on my coil.and that helped alot!!It now turns over.but won't run.The einstien that previously owned the car did some re wiring under the dash.I rewired the whole charging and starting system.
My question is:I have a neutral safety switch and an ancient starter interupt relay which is connected to the seatbelts.Is there a correct way of wiring this system and/or can I bypass the whole seatbelt, and interupt relay?? Also I had to hook up a seperate start switch(push button) because the column one was shorting out the system.I still use the key to get the warning lights on the dash to come on..The color coding under the dash is still intact..Unlike the engine compartment.I have a green/white stripe wire that has been spliced to a purple wire,I found the other end of the gr/white wire, but not the purple???There is also an orange a yellow and a pink wire all spliced together, there are no other matching ends for these..
CAN ANYONE HELP.....????????
I would really like to bypass the whole system, besides the neutral safety switch..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 01, 04:59 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Cool

Must be 74? I had a 74 Opel (cool car) with the seat belt interrupt. I just unplugged the connectors under each seat that sensed whether there was weight on it and it bypassed everything. Worked perfectly.
Don't know if this helped. You probably already tried that.....

Joe

------------------
69 396 w/SS Trim, B&M TH400, 3.55 12 Bolt Posi, Blue w/White Z28 Stripes, Chrome Rally Wheels
[email protected]
69 Pics http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...559&a=11674961
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 01, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe G:
Must be 74? I had a 74 Opel (cool car) with the seat belt interrupt. I just unplugged the connectors under each seat that sensed whether there was weight on it and it bypassed everything. Worked perfectly.
Don't know if this helped. You probably already tried that.....

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>thanks for the help but the seatbelts were already unplugged,i really need help w/ the starter interrupt relay. can u help???

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 01, 02:55 PM

the starter interupt relay can be bypassed. find a wire diagram to see exactly how it is wired[the relay] it should probably have four wires.hot feed in,ground feed[to turn it on]a second power feed in[to power the device on the end of the circuit] and the device feed circuit. just jumper the second power feed in, to the device feed circuit, and the relay is no longer needed. hope this helps

------------------
71 camaro ss 66 chevelle 396/4spd www.americaniron.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode