1994 runs for 10 minutes then dies, and repeats - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 00, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation

I have a 1994 Camaro with the 3.4L V6...
the car just died on me one day..
so i changed the coils(3)..and it ran , i thought i had fixed the problem so i went home...when i tried to leave the car wouldnt start....so i replaced the module....it cranked up and ran long enough to get me stuck in traffic...i had to call a wrecker!!
the next day my car started!..but then quits in about 10 minutes....
i have replaced the fuel filter.
it doesnt get fire and i cant get my trouble codes for some reason....the computer may be shutting the engine down for some reason but i'm not sure....
any jhelp would be appreciated!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 00, 07:36 AM

Try replacing the pick-up coil.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 00, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

i looked for a reference to a pick up coil but couldnt find one for a 3.4L V6....i did find one for a V8......i dont think the V6 has one...but if i'm wrong then any more info would be appreciated.....thanks

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 00, 11:16 AM

Okay, this probably isn't your problem, but I will offer this anyway, at the risk of sounding insane: check your gas cap.

The reason I suggest this is because I had a similar problem with my first car, my mom's old POS Plymouth Reliant station wagon. Among the many problems this car had, for awhile it would start up, I would get about a mile down the road, and it would die. After sitting for awhile it would start again. Took it to the mechanic, he said bad fuel pump, and changed it. Still had the same problem. Took it back to the mechanic, they test drove it, same thing happened. Turned out the gas cap was bad and was creating a vacuum inside the tank. Once the fuel pump pumped out a certain amount of gas, the vacuum was too great to pump anymore out. They gave us a new gas cap for free, no refund on the new fuel pump though!

Like I said, probably not your problem, but I'd be pissed if I spent $200 fixing other things and then found out that a $3 gas cap was the problem.

Any possibility that bad fuel/water in the fuel could cause this? Did this start happening right after you filled your tank?

------------------
Ben - '67 RS/SS350 - Mustangs, meet your NEMESS
"There's an 'e' in Ben, but there's NO 'E' IN CAMARO!!" (sorry, just a pet peeve of mine!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode