desiling - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 04, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation

i have an 89 irock z motor has been swaped, 350 bored over .30 comp cam, weind stealth intake, 650 double pumper carb, msd ignition and wires, and a few other things. my question is sometime when i turn it off it still runs for a little while. but not every time like the 4th or 5th time i turn it off it does it or when i drive a long way. i used high octane gas and it helped a little but it still does it.and what should the spark plug gaps be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 04, 11:10 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Most likely your primary throttle blade is open a bit more than it should be. This could just be a hi idle needing to be turned down or if the idle is fairly low you may need to advance the timing a bit which will raise the idle and allow you to adjust it lower with the idle screw. The idle mixture screws may also need adjusting, if you can raise the idle by turning the mixture screws then you can lower the idle by closing the throttle blades some (with the idle adjustment screw)...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 04, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Cool

Welcome to the Club, Daniel. You can set the spark plug gap at .035-.040" without a problem.

Do everything Dennis suggests. The idea is to close the throttle plates to turn "off" the fuel flow.

Another suggestion you might do is to turn the car with it in gear, then shift to Park, or let out on the clutch in fourth gear and brakes on.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 04, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Question

about what rpm should i set the idle, the car has an auto trans
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 04, 09:01 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
600rpm in gear, maybe 650... I don't know what the factory set it at. It will be higher in neutral but if it's above say 750-800rpm I could see it running on...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode