Broken wiper switch....Repost.... - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 03, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Hey Guy's,
Well it seems that my wiper switch has been pushed in 1 too many times. Not only did it pop out of it's place, it also broke all 3 of the "holders" that the small screws-screw into.
Any idea on how to fix this problem?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 03, 06:53 PM
Senior Tech
Call me Funk

Send a message via AIM to CFunK
Year?

-Funk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 03, 07:38 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Denis

How about buying a new switch?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 03, 12:37 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Angry

On a 69, you need some epoxy and several short pieces of bundy-flex tubing for a reinforcements. It worked for me. [img]smile.gif[/img] Edit: I just remembered that I wrapped some thin wire around the post before I put the epoxy on as an added reinforcement. Wire, epoxy, and then the tubing.

-Mark.

[ 09-30-2003, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: stingr69 ]
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 03, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Unhappy

Oh shniky,
Sorry guy's...It's a 69 Camaro.
Hey stingr69...Kinda confused....Dont know what bundy-flex is [img]graemlins/clonk.gif[/img]
Last time I stuck my head under the dash, the post's were split in half on 1 and the others were just broken/missing.
Thanks for your help.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 03, 04:13 AM
Senior Tech

They make a thing called a standoff. It's a threaded sleeve that comes in different lengths and diameters. Some are hex shaped but will serve the same purpose. Guessing that one threaded with 6/32 threads or 8/32 threads on the inside would work. These can be bonded to the dash with JB Weld. The trick is to get them to stay where you want them until the epoxy drys.
Even bonding some nuts might work. There's 2 or 3 threads inside of those. Should be enough to catch the screw. Again the trick is to hold them in place until things dry.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 03, 07:32 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Superman,
Bundyflex is a trade name for steel tubing used for brake lines or fuel lines. You can get it at the auto parts place or hardware store for about a buck a foot or so. The split post is perfect for this type of repair. You start by wrapping the post with the thin wire. I like to use a long strand from an old electrical cord. Then coat the post with epoxy and slip a short length (Maybe 5/8" or?)of the fuel line over the glued up post. Fill the space as required.

I have done that a few times with good results. My Honda Accord was breaking off heater control knobs every winter. It always seemed to happen when the wife was driving...HMMM?

Anyway, I got tired of replacing the knobs all the time so I repared the new one that way and never had a problem after that.

-Mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode