6 cyl to big block - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 00, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

I have just purchased a '68 conv that was originally a 6 cyl car. The owner installed a 454 with a th400 and did not complete the job. I have since finished the work and noticed it acts like a dog. So, while examining the carb (holley dp 750) I noticed the secondaries don't open all the way. It seams the accel cable is too short Does anybody know if any big block accel cable will work? Also, I noticed there is no kickdown linkage going to the trans. Should there be? Can anybody explain what it should wat it should look like (or at least what parts i need to buy)? Thanks in advance for all of your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 00, 03:37 PM
Senior Tech

I can't answer the question on the cable. My setup uses mechanical linkage out of a 68 SS350 car. The TH400 use an electronic kickdown. In stock form, they will have an actuator attached to the carb linkage. The actuator looks like a brake switch. This runs down to the transmission, with an actuator on the drivers side. Lokar Products make a nice setup, but it's $$$.

------------------
67 Camaro LS6 454/TH400/12bolt 3.73
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 00, 04:32 AM
Senior Tech

Check the throttle linkage inside the car, Some newer GM models hooked a slider switch at the pedal arm for the kick down switch.

Correct me if I am wrong, gut I believe you should be able to adjust the secondary throttle opening by way of of the carb linkage, you may have to bend a rod or relocate the rod to a different hole.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 00, 04:37 AM
Senior Tech

Just another thought what about fuel delivery, Is this fuel line the larger 3/8" or is it still the 5/16" line?

Can you trim the outer casing of the cable to give a longer inner cable? Can you move the carb mounting loction closer to the carb?
Can you bend the pedal arm closer to the fire wall mounting to get more slack?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode