Need parts advice on steering/suspension - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 01, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

I have had this weird steering for a long time now, and it is time that it is fixed. Tie rods all new, I adjusted the steering box (helped the feel some but not the problem.) All my bushings are shot, The thing is I dont know if I should get an Idler arm first, then if it doesnt fix it, get pitman, or new centerlink, or control arm bushings?
Is there any way to check these parts to see if they are any good?
What brand of replacements are good?

------------------
69 Glacier Blue Camaro w/1977 350
Shift kit, B&M Megashifter, HEI, Edelbrock 600, 10 bolt 3.08, flowmaster delta flow mufflers
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/rallyrd/murfys_law
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 01, 12:49 PM
Bill

Murf,
Rather than waste a bunch of money on parts that may or may not fix the problem, why not take the car to a good front end shop and have them look at it. Even if you want to fix it yourself, the $50 or so you will pay them to inspect it and tell you what it needs will be well worth it. You can throw that much away in a minute on parts that dont need replacing.
If you have all the proper tools, there are checking procedures and specifications for all the front end parts. They should be in your service manual. If you do not have a manual, get one. YOu cannot properly check or repair the car without it.
Hope this helps,

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Owner
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 01, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Dude, I don't know of any front end shops. I have looked, there is just normal les schwab etc, shops.
As for checking My service manual it says nothing about idler, pitman, centerlink measurements. Just on proceedure to remove and replace.
And I have drove the car more since I adjusted the steering box and it is lots better. It is great on flat roads and most of the freeway. But on a little bit slanted roads or grooved road, it still stinks.

------------------
69 Glacier Blue Camaro w/1977 350
Shift kit, B&M Megashifter, HEI, Edelbrock 600, 10 bolt 3.08, flowmaster delta flow mufflers
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/rallyrd/murfys_law
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode