Team Camaro Tech banner

Demon Carb Idle

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DjD 
#1 ·
Ok, I am running a 355 chevy with L98 Alum heads, a 292 cam with a street deominator intake. Th400 w/ 2500 stall. Timing set 22 at idle with adj. vac on, 34 total. Car runs 8.2 in 1/8th. I have a 750 street demon w/mech secondaries. Now why I got a 750 not the 650 is I am going to build a 383 stroker and I want to use the carb on it.
The problem, It smells rich at idle only. After talking wiht demon on other issues. I have taken the carb apart cleaned it, changed the power valve to a 2.5. I still have a rich Idle. I have adjusted my idle by closeing both plates and opening them the same turns of the idle screws untill the idle comes up and is stable. I thought it was the pwr valve but I pluged an old one and put it in still rich. I need some help...

[This message has been edited by shadowjr (edited 04-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by shadowjr (edited 04-26-2001).]

#2 ·
I was having the same problem. Here is a link to what we discussed. http://www.camaros.net/forum/Forum5/HTML/001059.html

------------------
383 Speed-O-Motive stroker kit with Speed Demon 750, RPM intake,Proform HEI dist.MSD6a box,World Products Sportsman II heads, ported and polished with 2.02/1.60 valves,64cc,TRW forged pistons with 10.7:1 compression, Comp Xtreme 284 cam,Crane pushrods, Comp Cam 1.6 full roller rockers,ATI damper, 40 series Flowmasters, 4.11 gears with TH350 and Hughes 3000 stall.Powertrax NoSlip Locker

#4 ·
Set the floats and everything else to manufactures spec's (BG supplies all the spec's in the paper that comes with the carb and in the video they provide as well) adhust both pri and sec throttle blade to uncover .020" of the transfer slot (it's .020" wide so adjust until you have a square shape showing), the carb has to be off the car to do this. Next leave the throttle blade adjustment screws (idle adjustment screws) alone and dial in your idle with the idle mixture screws. This is the BG recomended way and it works. Remember the Power valve doesn't affect idle inless it's blown or rated larger than the vacuum you pull at idle.

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 our local club"
and the "daily driver"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.