Please don't laugh!! - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 00, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Red face

I don't know if this is coincedence or what?
Last weekend I did a points, condenser, plugs and wires change ( 68 327 210hp). I drove the car 2 times since then. Here's the weird thing. Each time I started the car, the wipers came on for one or two cycles. They never did this before. I did re-harness the engine (includes wiper motor) and dash and put in a new wiper switch. But I have driven freqently since that with no wiper problems.

WHAT'S UP WITH THIS??

H-dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 00, 12:27 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage
Ohhhh, I hate it when things like that happen. I'm no electrical wizard by any stretch of the imagination but, it sounds like when you turn the key to fire motor, the extra blast of juice is finding it's way to the wiper motor. I know there's some guy's who will not hesitate to correct me here if I'm wrong. Maybe while you were fumbling around the dist. you moved some wires, and they have made some kinda contact with the wiper power? I do know there is 1 wire that goes to the starter that increases the voltage to start it. HELP GUY'S, you know what wire I'm talking about. It's yellow on my car. Anyway, just a thought. Did you rewire car with a factory harness, or aftermarket? That may be something to look at.

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
http://www.geocities.com/stevocamaro
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 00, 03:37 AM
Senior Tech

Gremlins.

thats gotta be it. the wire everyone is talking about is Green on my 67RS 327, but the 68's isnt that a white one? or white with black stripe? ,how about putting a resistor on it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 00, 08:03 AM

Just my opinion, but in order for that to happen something is wrong, maybe too much dielectic grease at a connector, or two wires shorting together, putting a resistor in just would patch the problem.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 00, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Hey,
I was reading a post this AM here about the excess dielectric grease. I think you may be on to something. I recall there being alot of it on my new connector, and I didn't wipe any off. Since it happens intermittently, I think I will check this first.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode