Off the line miss? - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 01, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I went to the street legals last night to do some testing for tomorrow and I had a miss off the line bad at first and better as the night went on.
I don't know the exact weather conditions but it was hotter than the previous races and probably a lightly more humid.
I pulled a couple plugs after the second run to find them showing a lean condition,I would have thought rich with the air we had and the last time they were almost pefect.
I didn't have any jets to try so I put my exhaust back on to see if it made a difference and it did barely had a miss but it was still there and the plugs looked a little better.
I have a 850 Holley AED with the extensions or the rear,my jets are 70 in the front and 82 in the rear.

My question after all this is do I richen both frt and rear or just the rear and by how much.TKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 01, 01:07 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
due to your exhaust being off, it could cause a lean condition as you stated due to free flowing (cylinder evacuation) as opposed to having back pressure with the exaust pipes on ? just a thought

------------------
My '68 Camaro
Doug G.
68 Camaro
406 ci.
[email protected] W/ 2.73POSI.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 01, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I found the problem with the miss Sam at Century Perf. suggested going up on the jets both front and rear now it works great but I got some new problems now,tranny and brand new Srange axle starting to twist this project could start to real expensive.The wife's going to love this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode