not a camaro but still chevy...puzzled?? - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 02, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

does anyone know the purpose for the fuse slot marked "ecmb" in the fuse panel ...i put a missing 10 amp fuse in that spot and noticed much easier starting and better power...but for some reason the engine now has develped "engine run-on"....any info would be nice or a site to the wiring diagram for it...this vehicle is a 91 chevy S-10..currently running a 2.8 V-6...until...i get ready to swap the motor in it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 02, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
The Ecm has two fuses, one for the Quad driver, (TBI inj & EGR solenoid & cannister solenoid), the other fuse for its memory.

As the engine gets older, it changes, just like we do. It learns the engine conditions and adjusts for wear. It retains this in memory.

Now, since you've replaced a missing fuse, it's running better because it remembered. But now, it has run-on. My suggestion is to buy a can of BG 44K Fuel Injector Cleaner and pour into less than 1/2 tank of fuel. Run to less than 1/4 tank and fill with good gas. This will remove any carbon deposits in the combustion chamber.

The 2.8's are low on power, but run damn good.

You might try and leave the vehicle in Drive, shut off engine, then shift to Park after engine has stopped, this way there is still a load on the engine.

------------------
Everett 68/350/PG/11.90/115mph
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 02, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

well i have been kiling the engine off by dumping the clutch...but here is the other thing today i tested its "run -on".....i pulled the keys out of the ingintion left it in neutral...and of course shut the ignition off....then proceded to walk arund the truck a few times while it idled as if i had never removed the key.and even revved it a couple times.....i could have drove it down the road if i wanted to....so if this is egine run on it is the worst case i have ever seen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode