69 is O K but... - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 01, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Unhappy

having problems with my 94 Yukon 350 tbi. Mornings such as today, lite frost then warm up, she doesnt want to start.Just cranks and cranks, then it wants to fire sputters then eventually starts. Same thing last winter. No codes, no chek engine lite. Was just in for a tune up, mechanic said it was O K.Had to be towed in last winter.Ran fine all summer, just overnite in these conditions.Last place had it hooked up to a Sun machine and sprayed water over everything. Has me and two shops stumped. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim...btw 180,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 01, 10:22 AM

Have you checked cold fuel pressure? sounds like fuel pressure bleed off when cold.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 01, 11:12 AM
Tech Team
Jim

Talking

Try checking your coolant temp. sensor also ,sometimes will not set a code

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 01, 04:42 AM

I don't know if the Yukon shares the similar fuel injection engineering as my 95 Blazer but I had the same problem that your are describing. I had to replaced my central fuel injector to fix the problem.
My car was hard to start cold but gave no check engine light. This is a common problem with Blazers around 100,000 miles.
Inside the plenum there is a central fuel injector that begins to leek fuel into the plenum. I have seen some Blazers with a plenum full of fuel (5 cups).
Once I replaced the central fuel injector and my problem went away.
You may want to try turning your ignition to the on position (without starting the engine) and letting the pump completely charge the fuel system (you will hear it run for 5 seconds then stop. Turn the ignition off wait two min. Turn the ignition on again and let it charge fully a second time. Then try to start it. If it starts quicker then before then it is probably the injection system.

Central fuel injector for my Blazer = $400 with gaskets.

You may want to check with your local GM dealer as well. They know of these common problems.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 01, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Thumbs up

Thank You all for the replys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode