CrossFire Injection Hesitation - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 00, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Smile

1982 Z28 Camaro, When Pressing on the accelerator pedal, on nomral acceleration, the car will die and turn off, what can cause this? once warmed up for about 10 min symtoms seem to lessen a little bit, someone please EMAIL me or post anything you may know about Crossfire injection, or if you know where to get a online manual for free on a 82 Z28, Or knowledge on adjustments on crossfire systems, i think its just getting flooded with gas.. thanks..

Picture Of My Car Can Be Found At Bigfella.net

[This message has been edited by bigfella (edited 04-09-2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 00, 06:47 PM
David Pozzi

Make shure the fuel filter isn't plugged.
I think these engines were prone to ignition failures. I can't remember exactly what, but check out the coil and rotor for shure, and check the pickup coil, module and plug wires too.
I had an 84 Corvette with the crossram FI and several club members had ign troubles.
David
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 00, 07:21 AM
Senior Tech

bigfella, it sounds too me like the egr may be coming on too soon, most of the time there is a tvs(thermal vacuum switch) that holds off the vacuum until the engine reaches a preset temp, try unplugging the hose at the Egr valve when the engine is cold, drive the car and see if this helps, if it does, go to your nearby Chevy dealer end get a new tvs for it. If not, more diagnosis is needed. Hope this helps.

------------------
Leo Paugh
MCC #017
www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/mcc.htm
the bitterness of poor quality remains, long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 00, 10:19 AM
Senior Tech

I've got an 82' Z28 with crossfire, you might want to check the sensor that is located on the left hand front of the intake manifold, just to the bottom left of the thermostat housing. It has (2) wires attached to it, one black, one yellow. I'm not for sure what it's called, but it regulates the amount of gas that gets sprayed into the throttle bodies, depending on the operating temperature of the car. I know if this wire gets disconnected, which it did on mine by accident, that it will flood the engine, and it will be hard to start, and it will run like crap. You also might have clogged filters, they are easy to clean out. Each side has (1), just follow your gas line until you find it, its connected to a big 1 inch nut.
All you do is loosen the nut, I had to use a large crescent wrench, take it out, it will probably be black like mine were, there's a spring attached to the end of it. I soaked mine in carb cleaner for an hour or so, and put them back in, it ran 100% better, I was having problems with it surging at idle........Good luck. KZ
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 00, 03:05 AM
Senior Tech

The crossfire inj. was noted for plugging injectors even when new. Might try a bottle of high priced fuel system cleaner first, then see what happens. Get a repair manual and go through the diagnostic section for this condition. Might be something real simple like a vacuum leak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode