67 low fuel light stopped working - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 02, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

my 67 rs has all the factory gauges and when I got it two year's ago around a 1/4 tank it would light up (FUEL) in the dash , but after a while it just stopped working , I have not tried to fix it and wondered if someone had a similar problem ??
I found a low fuel modular in a book for sale , if that part is bad WHERE IS IT LOCATED ON MY CAR ??? is it under the console ??
earl

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 02, 04:51 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Have you checked the bulb?

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 02, 05:49 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage
This has been an issue that pops in & out of my brain once in a great while, then I forget again.
I have the gauges & tach also, shouldn't I have the low fuel warning light also? I've never seen it. Don't know where to look for it. Any thoughts on what to look for that tell me it's there? Without tearing the car apart.?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 02, 12:59 PM
Senior Tech

The low fuel module is located in the console, under the gauges. You may be able to find it by removing the shifter plate. If not, you'll have to remove the gauge pod. The module has four wires. Red, yellow, green, and black. On an oem module, you will find a light bulb socket attached. **There is not supposed to be a bulb in the socket.

The yellow wire clips into a wire on the extension harness and I believe ends up at the "fuel" light next to the speedo. The rest of the wires connect to the fuel gauge and ground.

I would check the bulb that illuminates the "fuel" window in your dash carrier before messing with the module.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 02, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I checked the bulb in the dash , if you put a 12 volt hot wire on it it light's up so the problem is from the dash to the console , I will remove the console later and check it out , it may be a loose wire or something , it worked for a year after I got the car then just stopped ??? , we won't let this stop us , earl

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 02, 05:15 AM
Senior Tech

Mebe_epp, Let me know what you find. I've got the wiring digram for the console. If you need it, I can scan it and e-mail it to you.

Bob
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 02, 06:36 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Is the '67 sender module actually in the console/guages like the '68 and '69?

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 02, 12:53 PM
Senior Tech

The book I have shows the low fuel indicator in the console and shows it wired the same as 68-9. I'm only going by the book though since I don't have a 67. Can anyone else confirm?

Bob
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 02, 02:39 PM
Senior Tech

Yes, the low fuel module is in the center guage pod on 67's.

[This message has been edited by Mike67RS (edited 04-07-2002).]
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 02, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I don't know where the low fuel module is , but like above said it is probably in the console , if it is the module I wonder if they can be repaired ? earl

------------------
I HOPE NOT .
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 02, 06:37 PM
Senior Tech

Mebe_epp, I don't know if they can be repaired. I had a problem with mine, turns out the yellow wire that that connected to the extension harness was pretty brittle and the solder joint had broken. I ended up replacing it with a repop piece. You can get them from Classic Industries, shown on page 107 if you have their catalog. They are 50.00 bucks and don't look like the original, but function just as good. (No problems with mine, I see the low fuel light quite often.) Before considering replacing it, i'd check the connections to the gauge and ground. Something may have come loose.

[This message has been edited by 68BB427 (edited 04-07-2002).]
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 02, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Well I just watched the new's look's like gas is going up again I will need that low fuel light earl

------------------
I HOPE NOT .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode