Clutch Oil Reservior for 1982 Camaro - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 01, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Smile

Hi I have a 82 camaro and I have been having trouble getting the transmission in first gear and reverse. I have heard that this car has a clutch/oil reservior on it but can't seem to find it. If it does where would I find it at and what kind of fluid does it take? I was told by one place it needed a new pressure plate and someone else said it just might need fluid. Help!! It just has a 6 cylinder engine with a manual transmission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 01, 11:12 AM
Senior Tech

If there is a hydraulic cluth on this car the reservoir is usually right next to the brake master cylinder.Maybe the clutch just needs to be adjusted.Sounds like it is not fully releasing when you push the pedal all the way to the floor.Does reverse grind when your trying to shift into it?Get yourself a haynes manual for your camaro and at least try to adjust the clutch before replacing anything.Oh and brake fluid usually goes in the clutch reservoir but it should say right on the cap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode