Fuel Injector O rings - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 01, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Question

How the heck do you change the o rings on the tip of the injector. Do you have pry the plastic end where the tip is off. And do you need that plastic piece on there. It seems to fit in the intake fine with out it. The reason for me asking is because they dont sell the plastic piece anywhere not even the Gm dealer and two on mine are cracked and one came off when i took off the fuel rail. Now I dont know what to do I dont have the money for new fuel injectors. Someone please help me!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 01, 02:31 PM

it sounds like you need to get injectors, the plastic ends should not come off, if they do the injector is broken. when you put injectors in,the o-ring causes some resistance, thus sealing the end of it in the intake/fuel rail. when you install the injectors,LIGHTLY lube the o-rings with some trans fluid,it helps the o-ring slide into place. hope this helps.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 01, 07:32 PM
Senior Tech
Dale

Should be able to slip the o ring past the plastic cap.I've seen the cap cracked before,dont know if it HAS to be there.I'm sure it's there for a reason.Have you tried NAPA they do ultrasonic cleaning.I believe they replace the cap and screen when they do this.

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 01, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Thanks went to napa and they had exactly what I was looking for. They are called pintle caps put new o rings and pintle caps on they worked great. I just cant beleive the GM dealer didnt sell those pintle caps they said I needed new injectors what a joke. Once again thanks for your help.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 01, 06:15 PM
Senior Tech
Dale

Cool!

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 01, 12:05 PM

Unhappy

sorry, i missed the boat on that one, i've never seen the end cone off of an injector. i thought the actual bottom of the injector was broken/cracked. glad somebody paying attention helped you out!

------------------
71 camaro ss 66 chevelle 396/4spd www.americaniron.net
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 01, 08:05 AM
Tech Team

wow, kinda messed up that GM didnt have the caps. you are supposed to replace them with the o-rings anytime you pull the injectors!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode