Holley fuel splitter line type? - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 02, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Retired
Jim

My fuel line has no fuel filter as original, so I am attempting to get one put in, but this holley fitting comes very close to the back of the alternator. I want to install a 90 degree elbow adapter to hose fitting and get away from the Alt. but is the Holley end 'inverted flare fitting' or is it NPT pipe thread?
If its flare, then previous owner ruined the threads by ramming in the brass NPT fitting that is shown there. I will either have to find a NPT 90 fitting or replace the Holley line completely. Anyone done this before? Whats the best approach to consider? Thanks
click

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1, Balanced, TRW forged pistons, .30 over, TH-350 auto.,
Dover White,Blue Vinyl top, F&R spoilers,pdb, close ratio ps,am/fm,3.08 Posi., A/C, fold down rear seat
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 02, 06:40 AM
Senior Tech
Mike

How about putting the filter in a different location? Maybe down by the fuel pump, or along the frame rail where you cant see it. Also, there should be sintered bronze filters at both bowl inlets.

------------------
Black 69 camaro
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 02, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Retired
Jim

I intend to install an inline filter, thats why I posted the pic with the question as to what type of connection is inside the end of that Holley tube. Inverted flare or NPT pipe thread? Then I can get a 90 degree new fitting and bring the fuel line over toward the passenger side of the valve covers, then into a fuel filter and then down to the fuel pump.
Which type threaded fitting am I dealing with so I dont have to take it all apart to find out, its right up against the back of the alternator now.
click

------------------
Dover White,Blue Vinyl top, F&R spoilers,pdb, close ratio ps,am/fm,3.08 Posi., A/C, fold down rear seat

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 02, 10:55 AM
Senior Tech

that should be a pipe thread- every one i have ever seen has been.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 02, 04:19 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
If there is a section of rubber hose just before the fuel pump (tank side) cut it and stick your filter there... Might as well filter it before the fuel pump and maybe extend it's life as well as the rest of the engines...

It's a bit of an expense but worth every cent to get the formed hard lines from the fuel pump to the carb. The kit comes with a Y block and 3 sections of line. The less hose you use the better...

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 02, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Retired
Jim

Thanks guy and thats not a bad idea Dennis. I was hoping to get by with the hose mounted filter until winter then put in the hard line like you mentioned. I will pull the fuel lines apart I guess and if what Derrik said is true I can get a 90 degree brass elbow to hose fitting and set up a temp. filter until winter. I also need new tranny lines so I was going to do those this winter at the same time. Longgggggg winters here to get lots done
Thanks again guys.
click

------------------
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 02, 06:27 AM
Team Member
John

Here's a link to what the original setup looks like with all hard lines:
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=146368

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

[This message has been edited by JohnZ (edited 08-25-2002).]
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 02, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Retired
Jim

Hey thanks for the pic John,thats an awesome engine, you can eat off it
I will use that as a guide when I do the complete hardline replacement this winter, thanks again guys.
click

------------------
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 02, 03:01 PM
Senior Tech

The original fuel filters and springs are still available from Holley. They were in the carb where the fuel lines connect. From what I have heard they weren't that good of a filter to begin with, and they are a pain to change. I'm going to install an inline filter in mine at the rear between the fuel tank line and the hard line going to the front. There is a short section of rubber hose there (behind the right rear wheel opening) that a filter will fit into and be completely out of sight.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 02, 06:50 PM
Senior Tech
Donnie

Send a message via MSN to 69DZ302
Jim, My fuel filter is located in the rear in the same area that Kurt mentioned where he's installing his filter. It filters the gas as soon as it comes out of the tank and is out of sight. Donnie...

------------------
1969 Z28, Fathom Green, DZ302, M20, 4:10, deluxe black and white houndstooth interior, PS, TW, AM/FM factory radio, console with gauges, comfort grip steering wheel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode