1969 A/C Troubleshooting Need Help - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 00, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Angry

I need help with my a/c it will not work. The blower will not come on at all, I have check the two relayes that are on top of the heater box on the firewall, and they seem to be working. Also if it is the blower motor that is bad, where the heck is it, and how do I get it out?
Thanks, Kris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 00, 11:53 AM
Senior Tech
Carl

Welcome aboard!

Mine is a '68, but I think the wiring is the same.

There should be a 12ga purple wire that runs from the relay switch on top of the evaporator case to the fan. This is the positive feed to the fan. Try testing the output of the relay with a test light. You can also apply power to the purple wire by unplugging the connector and using a jumper wire.

Also check the in-line fuse located in the wiring gutter on the firewall.

The only way to get to the fan is to remove the hood and RH fender. It's stuffed way up inside the RH fender.It's a pain. While you are in that far I would recommend that you remove the heater core and have it gone through. In most cases you must remove the hood and fender to get the heater core out on A/C cars. It's another 2-3 hours work but it will give you a lot of peace of mind. New Gates heater hoses are cheap insurance as well since replacing the lower one is a real bear once the fender is back on.

------------------
Click here to see see my car and hear 5-speeds. http://www.geocities.com/casanoc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode