my first camaro - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 03, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to 67camaroboy
Angry

I am 16 yrs old and in chicago area my parents told me if i finished my eagle project i could get a car. First thing i said was i want a camaro. i have been looking for like three four months, i found some in my area but i dont really know what i should be looking for in the car like anyhting i should look at inorder to get a good deal. I found one with a blower on it but i dont know if that is even necessary for my use of the car. If anyone out there has any suggestions or could give my a hand with this i would appreciate it. if it helps i am really only looking at the first generation camaros. thanks ya'll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 03, 08:12 AM
Retired
Jim

welcome to Team Camaro. I think Bill can move this question to the BENCH section for more likely comments.
If you plan on driving a camaro during school, the insurance will be horrendous on a car with a blower.
Keep searching the sites like Ebay, Hemmings, CartraderOnline etc, a search of Google will give you tons of places to look. The first generation of camaros are getting expensive so be prepared for sticker shock. The 4 sale board in this site has some nice cars on occasion as well.
Dont be in a hurry, decide if 'original' or 'clone' is ok and keep your eyes on peoples back yards for Camaros that are just sitting.
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 03, 08:23 AM
Senior Tech

Camaroboy, I would recommend you go to the local book store and look for a book on Camaro restoration. Look for one that has tips on what to look for when buying a car. This will be the most important part of your project. Decide if originality is important..ie finding a "matching numbers" car. Check out this website for locating and comparing numbers: http://camaros.org/index.shtml Make sure that if you do buy a car that needs work, you have the capabilities to perform the work, or the money to have it done. These cars are relativiely easy to restore and fix, but you will need some skills and money. Maybe you can share what your initial budget is? Keep browsing the forums here...there is a wealth of information. As Click said, check Ebay Motor and click on collector cars. Also check collectorcartrader.com for cars in your local area. Good luck, Mike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode