Fuel shut off problem - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 03, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

I have a 1999 Camaro with a 3.8 V-6. I just installed a Nos system in it plus a new computer. When i shift into fourth gear i'm going 120 mphs and then it shuts down. Is there a way to get rid of this problem, or can i bypass something. Please help me. So that next time a euro car pulls up next to me then i can leave him. Thanks Travis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 03, 09:50 PM
Senior Tech

My LSC's location for speed control was in the cruise control. It's broken and doesn't work for some reason. I've seen newer model cars have fuses under the hood for cruise control and the fuse panel. The thing is if it is a speed limiter in the cruise control computer the fuse controlling it has to be pulled or the wires to the computer.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 03, 02:12 AM
Senior Tech

Travis, Where do you go that fast?

------------------
67 prostreet BB Camaro The Combat Rat
80 z28 Camaro 355ci
71 BB SS Chevelle (clone)
2002 35th anniv SS Z28 conv.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 03, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Some times at Lapper Drag Way or when i'm on the express way late at night! <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Milan:
Travis, Where do you go that fast?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 03, 01:22 PM
Senior Tech

i think that there is a computer controlled, fuel cut off that is tied in with the vehicle speed sensor. when the car reaches a given speed, the speed sensor senses it and cuts the fuel off to the injectors. i would say that there is a way to bypass it, i dont know how, but i'm sure the speed shop will. just convince them that it is only for drag racing and they should fix you up
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 03, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks man you seem really cool. I'll give it a shot. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nate:
i think that there is a computer controlled, fuel cut off that is tied in with the vehicle speed sensor. when the car reaches a given speed, the speed sensor senses it and cuts the fuel off to the injectors. i would say that there is a way to bypass it, i dont know how, but i'm sure the speed shop will. just convince them that it is only for drag racing and they should fix you up <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 03, 01:56 AM
Senior Tech

The setting is based on the tire max speed rating. On the highway it is a very real danger of tire explosion if they are not properly rated.

------------------
80 z28 Camaro 355ci
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 03, 02:17 AM
Senior Tech

Travis, Read your other post in electrical. You only have to post your topic in one section.

Just want to add some friendly advice. Keep your desire for high speed on the track, that's what it's there for and it's a controlled enviornment. Going that fast on the highway is real unsafe for you and anybody else who may wander into your path. What if a deer jumped out in front of you? What if the law catches you? Loose your license & impound your car? Keep it safe, please.

Drew
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 03, 03:43 AM
Senior Tech

Ditto Drew, I was withholding my comments cause I didnt want to sound "old". That is exactly how I feel. running 120mph plus is no different than shooting a gun into the air "the bullet WILL come down. You better hope it misses someone!"

------------------
80 z28 Camaro 355ci
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 03, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Oh i know guys, But i just wanted to see what it could do after i upgraded it. I don't always drive like that. But this summer i'll be at all the car shows and a couple of drag races. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drew69:
Travis, Read your other post in electrical. You only have to post your topic in one section.

Just want to add some friendly advice. Keep your desire for high speed on the track, that's what it's there for and it's a controlled enviornment. Going that fast on the highway is real unsafe for you and anybody else who may wander into your path. What if a deer jumped out in front of you? What if the law catches you? Loose your license & impound your car? Keep it safe, please.

Drew
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 03, 01:12 AM
Senior Tech

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Milan:
Ditto Drew, I was withholding my comments cause I didnt want to sound "old". That is exactly how I feel. running 120mph plus is no different than shooting a gun into the air "the bullet WILL come down. You better hope it misses someone!"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I call it wiser not older.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 03, 01:57 AM
Senior Tech

Travis, We have all been there! I just dont want to see anyones life cut short (yours or an innocent bystandard) for a brief thrill. Please try to keep it on the track. Remember everything has its place. Real fighters know to keep it in the ring! Good luck, have fun and keep it safe...on the street

------------------
80 z28 Camaro 355ci
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 03, 05:50 AM
Senior Tech

Move to Germany. Then you'll have 60 and 80 year old ladies giving you stink eye for only going 120.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode