VATS Delete Box - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 01, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Help,Where can I get a VATS Delete box? I just installed a new lock and cylinder,aftermarket type and am getting code 46 on my 91 RS with 3.1 V6...
Car will not idle, start unless you short out the start enable relay and then the only way it runs is at about 2500 rpm range if you continuously pat the fuel pedal...Have replaced starter and solonoid,neutral safety switch, start enable relay,computer,ignition switch-both parts,MAP sensor,still no run correctly-dies on idle and full throttle...think I need the VATS delete box if it is what i think it is...
Also have a problem with the radiator fan that I can't figure out! there is a junction block at the radiator beside the air filter that has 2 heavy black wires and 3 16guage red wires...1 of these red wires burns into between the junction block and fusible link and kills the power to my cooling fan...But I can't find the reason...Help Anyone...Out of money to spend on this heap...Hope I sent this correctly...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 01, 02:20 PM

Well, I can't help with the VATS system...I only know about the older stuff. The wire that burns is due to a short. You need to find out what it is. Obviously it doesn't hook to a fuseable link or that would have burnt instead of the wire in between. It is possible that the winding in the electric fan motor are shorted together.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 01, 03:24 PM

I'm having a similar problem with my 1996 5.7 LT1. Talk to lnjstreetrods in the tech team, he might have your solution.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 01, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

it has a fusible link and it burned up between it and a junction block beside the radiator...about six inches of wire and the fusible link is still good...go figure...I wonder if somebody didn't put in too small a wire repairing it before i got it...Only had the car 2 weeks and it ran 4 days after I got it ...anyway back to the wiring diagrams...TNX... <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NOMANRS:
Well, I can't help with the VATS system...I only know about the older stuff. The wire that burns is due to a short. You need to find out what it is. Obviously it doesn't hook to a fuseable link or that would have burnt instead of the wire in between. It is possible that the winding in the electric fan motor are shorted together.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode