NEED Help with pain-in-rear end security problem! - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 13, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Britt

Angry NEED Help with pain-in-rear end security problem!

Howdy y'all!
This is my very first post on here as a new member. The past few days have been heck and I am desperately seeking help. I'm a backyard mechanic and usually do my own work, which occurs only on pre-90's trucks.

My fiance and I have a 2000 Chevy Camaro, v6, 3.8 Series. Was running pretty good until Friday. For all who have become familiar with this, GM and a few other makes decided it'd be genius to install this type of Anti-Theft Deterrent crap in the vehicles with a PassKey and everything. As of this past Friday, drove the car around on our daily stuff, cashing check and getting something to eat, then went to get gas to go home. Went to start car and...nothing. Security light started flashing. We waited a few mintues because it had done this previously maybe once or twice and would start back up. This time, it didnt. Over the past few days, I have literally tried EVERYTHING, meaning every single reset test that others have put on the internet who suffered through this same thing. Things I've tried with NO LUCK!
1. Tried getting a straight jump.
2. Letting it sit for awhile.
3. Turning the key forward right before it starts, letting it sit for 10 minutes once, another time 20-30 minutes yatta yatta yatta, nothing.
4. Even tried jumping it off from the starter.

So as of right now, I have been locked out of my own car for about 3 days. The starter, battery and all that are practically new in her. What it does is when you go to start the car, all the lights and panel work properly, but doesn't even crank. The security light just keeps flashing. Even today, the locks on the doors kept engaging and disengaging when it's never done that before. It would cost me $45 just to get another key, but heck, I don't even know if that's the actual problem because I've read about the resistor chip being "worn down". If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 13, 05:51 PM
Senior Tech
mike

Re: NEED Help with pain-in-rear end security problem!

If this helps I had a 96 impala ss, there was what looked like a small computer chip. The key light would come on it turned out to be some kind of key fault. If the key faulted I would have to wait 60 seconds to try to start it. Try cleaning the contacts on the key then if you have electrical cleaner spray use it in the key hole. It has been a long time since this happened so my memory is fuzzy but I think that worked. Also not sure if your key is like the 96 Impala ss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode