Engine run on just started????? - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 29th, 02, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

See Signature for car specs. My car has been running great since last fall. Yesterday she started to diesel on me for the first time ever. I went for a 10 mile ride and shut it off and it ran on for a few seconds and has done it a couple times since then. Now the specs: Timing is set at 14 to 15 with a total of 36 in by 3000, with vacumm advance. We had to crack the secondaries open a tad to get the car to idle good. My carb is 650 double pumper and I have the idle crews turned out about 1 1/8 turns. I had then turned out 1.5 turns but somebody told me turn them in about an 1/8 turn to see if that helps. My car idles at 1000 to 1100 in park and drops down to 750 to 800 in drive. I cant get it to idle below 1000 because the idle screw is all the way out to the point that it doesn't effect it. What should I do? Maybe try closing the secondaries alittle bit more? Could the plugs have anything to do with it. I am using the Resistor 576 Plug from Accel. Should I try the 274 Plug?

------------------
68 Camaro RS, Built 355, 274 Comp Cam, Sportsman II Heads 200 c.c. 2.02. Ported to Performer RPM Manifold and 1.75" Headers, 1.5 Roller Rockers, 650 Holley, Steel Crank, 12 Bolt posi with 4.11 Gears, TH350 tranny w/ shift kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 29th, 02, 07:08 AM
Senior Tech

I would try closing the secondarys just a little then readjust the mixture screws with it idleing around 750 in park until you get the maximum rpm's without moving the idle screw. Then set your idle in drive to a comfortable setting and see what happens.

------------------
'69 RS Camaro
355 5-speed 4.11
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 29th, 02, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I don't think I can get it to idle down to 750 because it would die when I put it in gear due to the .498 lift cam. Thats the reason we had to open the secondaries a little bit. Thanks, Erik

------------------
68 Camaro RS, Built 355, 274 Comp Cam, Sportsman II Heads 200 c.c. 2.02. Ported to Performer RPM Manifold and 1.75" Headers, 1.5 Roller Rockers, 650 Holley, Steel Crank, 12 Bolt posi with 4.11 Gears, TH350 tranny w/ shift kit.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 29th, 02, 04:49 PM
Senior Tech

I don't know that I would freak out heavy about it. If nothing it could very well be a "bad" batch of gas. Fuels vary considerably from one company to the next. Just food for thought. Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode