Need quick advice on headers - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 02, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

I need to know if flowmaster is a good brand of header. Also, I can get them new for about 60 bucks plus shipping. That sounds reasonable to me. Here is my car, could you tell me if there is a problem with installation. 74 camaro, 73 chev 350 motor and tranny. No A/C, no power brakes, stock headers right now, dual exhaust out the back. If you need more info let me know and I will post. Trying to make a good informed decision fast. Thanks, Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 02, 04:47 AM
Senior Tech

You get what you pay for,
$60.00 bucks sounds like leaks and rusted pipes
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 02, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Supposed to be brand new, look like new in the picture. I just want to know if that is good buy if as they say they are "new".

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 02, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Im stupid, they are made by flowtech. Sorry.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 02, 04:39 AM

If you get to Dallas, you can have mine for free. They have about 500 miles on them. The fit is nice, they don't extend below the car to scrape. I am just putting my car back to original. I just took them off tuesday. Sorry I don't want to ship them.

Doug
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 02, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Doug could I ask you a couple of questions? I have kind of got cold feet on this purchase because when I look at the design and I look at my car it seems I would have to redo the tail pipes to make it work. Maybe I am not looking at it right. If I remember right my exhaust angles down toward the rear of the fire wall and the headers look like they drop down and run straight back. If that is true then I would have to change the pipes and that sounds like more money than I am ready to spend right now. Any comments let me know.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 02, 09:15 PM
Senior Tech

Yes, you will need to modify your existing exhaust pipes to fit the new headers. What diameter are the existing pipes? You might want to change that to take full advantage of your new headers but this means you will need new mufflers too. This is why most people changing over to headers end up with an entire new exhaust system...good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode