weather stips leak - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 02, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

I replaced all the fe;t weather seals on my 67'. The problem is they are about 1/4 inch away from the glass (on the exterior). Is it the windows that are not tilted correctly or bad weatherstips? I've tried to adjust the glass in the door but back of the roller is hitting the inside of the door and getting hung up or the corner of the 1/4 glass is hitting the rubber seal on the door jam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 02, 11:26 PM
Senior Tech

Friend I am glad you started this topic. I have the same problem with the weatherstripping lining my trunk. Every time it rains or I go to the car wash, I find my trunk flooded with water. I've replaced the weather stripping with new universal type stripping, but my problem still persists. If ANYONE has a solution to this problem, believe me I am far more than open to suggestions.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 02, 02:33 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Garfield,
One of the most common problems with the trunk is the spoiler holes and the deck lid emblem holes. The water leaks in from those 2 places and it puddles in the trunk causing the rust that we see so commonly. It never dries out because the trunk air is pretty stagnant. If you have a spoiler you might want to caulk those holes before you screw it down. Nobody ever does the first time. Just something to check.

-Mark.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 02, 08:05 PM
Senior Tech

Gotcha, Im gonna go and check that out as soon as possible. ThankS!!!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 02, 03:51 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Garfield, find a good friend you trust and hand him a water hose. Crawl into the trunk with a flashlight and have him hose the deck down. You will see the source of the problem. If he is a good friend, he will let you out.

-Mark.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 02, 06:06 AM
Senior Tech
Jim

Stingr69 is correct. I spent half of my early life in a dealership looking for teh leaks. The ONLY way is the climb in the trunk method. I would also advise checking teh rear glass to insure it is not the source of the water. I have found many cars with a leaking seal at the rear glass and this was the culprit. You may also have to adjust your trunk lid hinges to seal at the edge. For some reason, I cannot spell THE correct today!

[This message has been edited by Codi (edited 06-06-2002).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode