Can't find headers for '69 w/ A/C & angle port - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 02, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

I need some tech help with what seems to a bigger problem than I thought. I need to find headers that will fit my car. I have a ’69 Camaro with a small block (406), power steering and A/C. The A/C seems to limit my choices dramatically. To complicate things I have a set of Brodix Track 1 angle port Chevrolet aluminum heads; which is why I really need the headers. I have also installed 2” lowering springs which would probably cause full length headers to drag. Can you help? What are my options? I would really be grateful for some direction. Mike Lang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 02, 07:46 PM
Senior Tech
Carl

Mike,

I totally understand your situation. Trying to find a 1 3/4" header for AC cars with power steering is not easy.

There's really only two good routes. One is installing a Vintage Air AC system and a standard off-the-shelf header. This will run in the neighborhood of $1400 and there may still be fitment problems.

The other option is to have custom headers made. There should be some shops in your area that can do the job for around $800. Custom headers will fit a lot better than off-the-shelf models.

------------------
The Red Beast http://www.geocities.com/casanoc
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 02, 07:43 PM
Senior Tech

According to Hooker's website their 2130HKR will fit angle plug heads with power steering and a/c. You will need a/c bracket 10925 for the left side or 10926 for the right side. They have 1-5/8" X 29" primary tubes with 3" collectors. I have a set of these on my '69 with a 355 and Bowtie aluminum angle plug heads with power steering and they fit like a glove. I don't have a/c so I can't say how well the bracket works. They've been in the business for a while so my guess would be it works pretty well.

------------------
'69 RS Camaro
355 5-speed 4.11

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 02, 10:18 PM
mr. Wrrooom!!

Hedman´s Hustler street/strip headers should fit.. unless you have the saginaw close ratio steering box.

Uncertain with those heads too, but they fit nicely with my castiron Bowtie heads (034 angle plug heads).

Anywas, the part no. is 65003, it´s a 1,3/4" primary and 3" collector.

Needs special bracket for the A/C.

Good luck
www.hedman.com

[This message has been edited by mr. Wrrooom!! (edited 09-22-2002).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode