blinker problem - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 00, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Question

I had just recently purchased an 84 camaro sport coupe....and everything works but the blinkers....the garage that it is at is havin trouble finding the problem and i am clueless on it myself....i was hopin u could help me out as to findin or tellin me what the problem might be so i could inform the garage that has my car....we checked the fuses and the flashers...but nothin seems to help...please help me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 00, 06:37 AM
Tech Team

Whats it doin'? Anything freaky?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 00, 10:01 AM
David Pozzi

One thing I'd do is check that you have all the right bulbs in there. Someone could have put the wrong one in and it can cause a short or crossed circuts.
I know on later chevy pickups, they use double filament bulbs for backup lamp, even though they dont use the other filament. Some people mistakenly put a single contact bulb in there and it shorts the circut.
Your car probably uses the plastic base bulbs, they can melt the contacts in the socket if, the brakelights were to stay on for any length of time.
My cousin has a big dog he takes in his pickup. The dog lays on the brake pedal and sleeps. This melts the sockets.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 00, 02:38 AM
Senior Tech

1157 bulbs

sometimes they are put in backwards and they only will show the brightest filiment.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 00, 04:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I think we need to back up a bit on this one. Do the blinkers and the brake lights use the same circuit, wiring, and bulb filament, or are the brake lights and signal separate on an '84? If they are the same, then all the wiring is common. Do the brake lights work? (All of them, at the proper brightness) If not, there is probably a bad ground at the tail light assy. Do the signals come on but not flash? Or not come on at all? If they come on, the flasher is bad or incorrect. (be careful here, late models have a bunch of things under the dash that "look" like turn signal flashers) If they don't come on at all, start checking the steering column, the switch, and all connectors. Do you have an aftermarket steering wheel on it? Sometimes the adapters for these can cause problems.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 00, 03:49 PM

Have you checked the grounds?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode