VATS or Starter?? - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old May 25th, 13, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Robert

VATS or Starter??

Hello, First of all I always read what people put on the forums this is the first time ive had to actually write on here so good job everybody haha.

anyway i have a 2002 chevy camaro convertible and when i bought it they told me that the vats was going out and you can bypass it so i said okay no big deal. so i did some research and it seems like for most people when the vats is going out the security light flashes when you turn the ignition on well for me it just illuminates and then goes away like normal but the car still starts perfect then the next time i try to start i get nothing at all then 10 minutes later or so it will start again... that sounds like the vats to me but wouldnt the security light be flashing if it went out? plus i took out the panel underneath the steering wheel and i found the orange wire with the two white wires that leads to the ignition cylinder and i measured the resistance on my key pellet it was 0.300 KOHMS so i assumed it was 3000 ohms right? i also measured the resistance of the two white wires and i got the same thing so i went out and got some resistors and got it wired up to nearly match the pellet at .306 KOHMS but had no luck but when i disconnect that connector i do get security light to flash (no ****) haha but anyway i cant figure out anything else to try unless its just the starter but ive heard so much about this vats system im pretty sure its that. thank you for your time if you do read this and i appreciate all help that is received!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode