Stall Issue - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 02, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

I'm having a problem with my 305, 89 IROC, which I think is an easy fix... and logical... however a friend of mine disagrees.
In coming off the start, full accel. the vehicle seems to jump, stall (completely shuts off), then immediately starts back up again as if it never stopped at all. It will do this always from the start, and never in mid-drive. My thoughts were (because of the total failure of electricals, radio/clock/CD player all shut off, it's an alternator issue). A friend of mine is an avid car enthusiast and having rebuilt a 68 Nova, I assume he has some good insight. He was clueless. He doesnt think it's an alternator issue, but can't explain it.
Any suggestions? I dont want to "bring it in" if it's something easily fixable, but I'm not completely sure of the trouble.
"Known Issues"/History:
"Check Engine Light" stays on (mechanic having stated that it's faulty and nothing is wrong)
Radiator recently replaced
Valve seals needing replacement
Had to replace battery 3 months after purchase of the battery (brought it in and they said the battery couldnt hold a charge)
All help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 02, 07:46 PM

Are you getting a full 40 psi on the fuel rail? Sounds like it's starving for fuel. I have a '90 IROC and once was only getting 20psi at the rail (faulty fuel pump). Car would run, but wouldn't respond to heavy fuel demand. Changed the fuel pump (not much fun btw!) but car back to normal. Good luck.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 02, 06:54 PM
Tech Team

check your battery connections and all your wires, sounds like u loose contact with your battry or something like that

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 02, 08:06 PM
Senior Tech

I agree with above.Check battery cable connections.You say only when you get on it hard from a stop it does this.The engine is twisting it's hardest under this condition and flexing the battery cables at their connections.Grab cables where they connect to engine while car is idling and move them around and see if you can get the car to act up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode