starting problem - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 04, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

I have a 95' 3.4L V-6 Camaro. I put a post on here a while ago, but then got sent on deployment and haven't gotten around to the car. I am in Italy so I do not have access to a Chevy dealer.

The car won't start. I get all of the correct lights and gauge indications but that is it. The starter doesn't crank and there is nothing from the fuel pump. I do get a flashing security light and a code 46. Which I know is the Pass Key system. I have tried both keys, waited the 3 min and everything. I even tried electrical contact cleaner. I have measured the resistance in the key and it is 3010. I have a resistor to bypass the system, I just need to know where it goes. I have read all of the old posts, but is there anyone that knows which connector or wire (color and location for a 95 3.4L) I need to put the resistor in to bypass the security system. From reading the old posts they are all different for different years. I have been working on this problem for the last week or so, but am not sure where the resistor goes. I do have the Haynes and Chilton's wiring diagrams, but they don't really help too much. I should also mention that this all happened after the car overheated and I let it sit for a while. I am not sure if it has anything to do with that or just coincidence. I know it is probably the lock cylinder, but I don't know the feasibilty of getting a key cut for a new lock cylinder since I am over here in italy, it would probably be easier to bypass the system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 04, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Cool

The two wires for the security would have to be tied to the steering connector, the same one for the ignition, cruise control, etc.

Look for two thin wires, these two, I believe would go for security. You might place a DVM across these two wires with the connector unplugged, and insert the key to check for continuity up to the ign tumbler.

You don't need a Chevy dealer, any GM dealer would work for replacement. A good Parts person should be able to help you.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 04, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Thanks for you help. I will try to get to it this weekend. I ordered an ignition lock cylinder, but it is back ordered right now. Hopefully, it will be in soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode