92 rs v6 wont start.. please help.. running out of money!!!!! - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 20th, 01, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
jlp

i have a '92 rs v6 and it wont start... it cranks over fine but it wont fire... fuel pressure is good, getting spark, battery good, and it has started a couple of times since this problem (very inconsistant).. the bulk of my probs began when my cat converter clogged up and blew my egr valve... had to drive it home that way (not good) changed cat, o2 sensor, egr valve, ran like a champ.. a week later it just died while running... left it, came back the next day and it fired right up.. ran for about 5 mins total, stopped to get a bite.. came back and no start.. took it in to get checked out.. was told my computer was bad.. replaced computer, didnt run quite as good but it ran and i was happy.. died again the very next morning after running about 10 mins.. before exhausting all hope i was tracing wires down.. noticed that my canister purge valve was very hot... dont know if a bad one can create a problem like this or not.. had to order a replacement.. a $13 piece of mind.. has anyone ever heard of or seen a problem like this????? ?????? i thank you in advance for even reading this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 20th, 01, 11:38 AM
Senior Tech
Dale

Yes,I see it all the time.Usually a bad fuel pump.The pump gets hot and shuts off.Has the fuel pressure been checked,when the car wont start?Have you checked pressure while blocking the return line?Have you replaced the fuel filter?

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 20th, 01, 02:49 PM
Senior Tech
John

does the car have a sock type filter in the tank? I had a similar sounding problem with a minivan and this was the culprit. Might be a long shot though. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode