Please help! Problems with my '95 Z28.... - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 03, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Steve

Garage
Unhappy

Hey all... about 3 weeks ago, I was involved in a small fender bender with my '95 Z-28. Damage was done to the left front corner (hood, fender, nose, headlights, etc.). The car was driveable and I drove it home approx 30 miles and then to the body shop. It was running just fine.

The car has been in the shop for the past 3 weeks to be fixed. Today, I stopped by to pick her up. I payed the bill and went out to take her home. When I started it, it sounded different... low exhaust note and really rough idle. I reved it a few times to clean it out, but it only got marginally better.

The guy at the Body shop suggested I take it home and try to "clean it out" on the way home. Well... the car feels like a 4-cylinder. Absolutely NO POWER and it takes forever to come up in rev's. I went back to the body shop and had him take it out. He agreed that something was definately wrong.

He stated that they had only moved the ABS module, a vacuum canister, the air cleaner assembly, and the fuse box (the one under the hood). We had another guy look at it and he thinks it is a fuel delivery issue. The car seems to idle fine now, just no power at all!

Anyone have any ideas? The car is still at the Body shop as I write this, since it is basically not drivable the way it is running.

Sorry for this being so long!

Steve -
'69 Camaro RS/SS-350, TH350, factory air, factory AM/FM, factory tilt wheel, console w/ gauges - Daytona Yellow
- 1969 Van Nuys Camaro Database
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 03, 04:43 AM
Senior Tech
Steven

walk through the entire air-intake routing ... look for a loose/disconnected duct work and also check sensor hook-ups. It may be something as simple as air intake to throttle body shabbily connected, not fully pushed on . From a recent experience with a body shop, my major complaint was that they did a tacky job of buttoning up the car after completing the repair. Trim was not properly installed, bolts were not tightened completely, just little simple things that implied that they hurried that part of the job. My neighbor ( on a Mazda ) once had the air intake between the Mass Air Sensor and the throttle body disconnected. The car would not even idle. He towed it home from Body shop. They disconnected it during repair, but claimed they never touched it.. Go figure ... Anyway, I would look for disconnected sensor or open air source ...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 03, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Steve

Garage
Angry

Well, I just got home a little while ago from the body shop a bit ago... Today, the mechanic found that the computer was showing an injector circuit issue (code 18 on the scanner). I went to look at the car after work and got to poking around.

Lucked out and figured it out... one of the 7.5 amp fuses for the injectors was blown....replaced it and it seems fine now!

Somehow, they must've shorted something to ground while moving the fuse block out of the way. Not sure what else would blow that fuse..... Anyhow, I am glad it was something easy.

Thanks for your input on this!

Steve -
'69 Camaro RS/SS-350, TH350, factory air, factory AM/FM, factory tilt wheel, console w/ gauges - Daytona Yellow
- 1969 Van Nuys Camaro Database
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode