My 95Z hesitates when accelerating - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 01, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Hello,
I have a 95 Z-28 automatic. First, the "Service engine soon" indicator lights up and also the fan turns on after 5 minutes, but both will shut off when you put it in drive. When accelerating, Both will turn on again. Also, two weeks later when accelerating slowly or gradually it starts to hesitate very irratically like it's losing power but will not stall. At higher RPM's it's not as bad but you can still feel some hesitations. All in all I am losing a lot of power! The sound from the exhaust does not sound healthy since then. I have a Flowmaster exhaust system so the sound is distinguished easily like "put puts" which coincides with the idle within the rumble. Recently the sender unit and the fuel pump and also the fuel filter was replaced from an earlier problem. Related? I have read all the posts that are similiar to my problem but there are so many remedies to choose from such as the EGR valve, O2 sensor, CTS, TPS, and the MAF sensor. Possibly my problem is simple, I hope!. Please help with any suggestions before I take it back to my dealer again$$$. If you need more info please contact me. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Eddie......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 01, 05:48 AM
Senior Tech

you dont mention the temp, is your car running too hot, or too cool,

I have seen "quick -mods" like someone changing to a 160 deg thermostat without changing to the power chip to compensate, thus blowing the sensors out because the computer thinks the car never warms up . strange **** happens. just a thought.

------------------
Chris's 67 RS can be seen at http://www.67rs.com
JOIN THE CAMARO NET WEBRING!
http://nav.webring.yahoo.com/hub?ring=camaronet&list
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 01, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

The temperature is normal, and all gauges are normal. The thermastat has never been replaced.
Any more suggestions will be appreciated!
Thanks,
Eddie..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode