RE: Lost "misplaced" the Camaro Keys - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 01, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys for everything. Here is My Experience with Chevy. Road Side Assistance told me that this car 91 RS had no VATS, So the dealer cut me a regular sqr head key that was no good ( too short and norrow). so I called the parts dept back and asked him to cut me a VATS key using the same code as the sqr head( although both dealer and RSA told me this car was not equiped with VATS)...well $26.23 later guess what? the key worked...it unlocked the steering wheel,and I did what you guys told me to do to by pass vats and VRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOM (spelling?) we are ROCKING AND ROLLING BABY !!!!! So it was shot in the dark but i figured it was worth it... so if you hear of anybody with the same prob, may be this is a solution and could save some1 $$$$ MERRY X_MASS...KEEP ON THE GOOD WORK...AND GOD BLESS

Sy...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 01, 06:50 PM
Senior Tech

Cool

Greetings, Sy_91RS
Glad to see that things worked out ok for you and that you are now motivating down the road again. By the way, did you by chance happen to ask Santa for an extra set of keys (just to be on the safe side) for christmas.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 01, 05:04 AM
Senior Tech

How do you bypass the Vats Sensor? I had a issue earlier this year with my Firebird and it cost me 400+ to get fixed...

------------------
Chris's 67 RS 327,can be seen at http://www.67rs.com
check out another site once in a while! http://www.fbodyconnection.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode