Eric68, or anybody, I need your help to reach 12's?? - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 02, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Eric68, I know we have almost the same setup but your running so much faster than me. I was hoping you could look at my combo and tell me what to try. I am so close to the 12's that I will be very dissapointed it I don't reach them. My car ran a 13.30 at 103.1 mph and my best 60 foot is a 2.00 with Hoosier quick times at 15 lbs. I just put a brand new 750 double pumper on the car. I had to change the front squiter from a 28 to 31 because of the hesitation or bog at the line and this fixed it. It now has 31 squiters all around and 68 jets up front and 78 in the back. I was thinking the rear jetts may be to big. The plugs look good but maybe a tad sooty down by the threads. Maybe just a tad rich. I read in the Holley book that once you get the hesitation out by changing squiters to them go ahead and bump them up .002 bigger for the track which means mine should be 33's. I was hoping I could compare your carb setup to mine. The rest of my combos is as follows:

350 bored 30 over
forged flat tops
steel crank .010 under
compe extreme 274 cam. 484/490 lift
1.5 Harland sharp roller rockers
Sportsman II head ported and bowl blended
Edelbrock Performer RPM gasket matched
2.02 valves
1.3/4 headers Hooker super comps
4:10 posi
turbo 350 tranny
Hoosier 27-10.50
No traction device yet, stii researching my options, what do you have?

I was shifting at 5500-5700 rpms. My timing is at 15 intial with 36 total. On 92 octane. Any help or advice would be great. My engine said this combo should sees high 12's but we haven't been able to get tp the track together so he can tune it, so I am kinda on my own. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Erik Beckett

------------------
68 Camaro RS, Built 355, 274 Comp Cam, Sportsman II Heads 200 c.c. 2.02. Ported to Performer RPM Manifold and 1.75" Headers, 1.5 Roller Rockers, 650 Holley, Steel Crank, 12 Bolt posi with 4.11 Gears, TH350 tranny w/ shift kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode