Fuel problem - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 04, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

ok i have a 68 camaro that i put a 94 5.7 liter in . I have a new electric fuel pump that pushes 7 to 12 psi. The engine is 40 over w/ a big cam ,edelbrock performer intake @ a 600 edelbrock carb. Ok the car starts fine runs fine and everything and has done so all winter long.The other day it got about 80 deg outside. I went on a 2 mile run came back and let it sit and idle to see where the temp settled out at.The temp stayed around 205. I went to pull the car up put it in gear and it died on me. Got it to crank back up and i raised the hood and noticed that all the fuel in my fuel filter was shooting up the center of the filter and every once and awhile it would flash some in the outer glass part.By the way its a see thru fuel filter.Now when i first crank it up and the car is cold the fuel filter is full of gas but when it comes up to temp it does as said above and it starves the engine for gas. What can i do to correct this problem? Please any advise will be greatly appreciated.

1968 camaro 350,th350,3.55 gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 04, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Thumbs up

The fuel is vaporizing due to heat from the OE fuel line on the pass side of engine bay is next to the exhaust. Reroute it away.

You might consider running a return line back to the fill tube, that little piece behind the license plate is a good spot for hooking up a return line, and install a fuel regulator, ie., Holley type. Adjust the fuel for 6-7 psi, from the secondary side, one side to carb, the other secondary outlet to the tank.

This will keep the fuel cool.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode