after i peg it. - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 01, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

ive got the 625cfm demon carb and it is perfect in every way except for when i peg it fast. If i roll onto the throttle it takes off great but if i just peg it and keep it pegged itll like stumble and keep on stumbling unless i let off allitle bit. Its on a stock 327 w/rpm intake stock heads,cam,and full exhaust. think its my accelerator pump cam not giving it enough shot or to much? can it be something to do w/ a powervalve?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 01, 06:49 PM
Senior Tech

junmp up the squrter size, i belive it has a 28 or 31 in it, mine had a 31.

i would try one 2 or 3 #'s larger, also make sure your pump arm is adjusted right, no slack at idle. if it is not adjust it this can cause this too.

i have a road demon on my 350 i love it!!!!!

i also belive that the road demon is a 650CFM that is under rated to 625CFM...i am going from buterfly size and venturie size. this is just a guess but i belive i am right...

[This message has been edited by ilbl8 (edited 04-07-2001).]
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 01, 05:40 AM
Senior Tech

road demons are nice, but there just educated holly's with a nice chrome finish.

a good friend of mine just purchased a 650H with the zinc finish, its got vacuume secondaries, but works well, I think the stock squirter is too low myself, I would plop a 31 in there myself, the stock 28 sux.

------------------

Chris's 67 RS can be seen at http://www.67rs.com
JOIN THE CAMARO NET WEBRING!
http://nav.webring.yahoo.com/hub?ring=camaronet&list

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 01, 12:08 PM
Senior Tech

i beg to differ with you, a holley is not as responsive in my opinion. also the demon is a better built carb , i get this from taking mine apart and cleaning it before i put it on the motor. if you do this with a holley and a demon side by side you will notice the diferances very quickly.

i am not knocking holley carb's. i just well do not realy like the build on them. i feel the demon is a better built carb. all so the demon uses less fuel on a dyno then a holley, this has been proven oner and over again. this is because out of the box it is a more tweaked carb in the venturie area then a holley. it all so has a better airflow into the carb then a stock holley.

both work well, but i feel the demon take's less work to get more out of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode