HELP PLEASE!!! My 95 Camaro won't start!! - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 06, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy HELP PLEASE!!! My 95 Camaro won't start!!

I went this morning to start my camaro and everything was fine until I turned it off. I went to start it again and nothing!!! I tried to start it again and nothing!!! I noticed my Security light was blinking on and off which it has never done before. I waited several minutes and tried it again and the same thing. Nothing. So before i went to work, I disconnected the battery and when I got home I reconnected the battery and tried it again and again...nothing. I know that it must be the PASS II Security System that is malfunctioning and I am just wondering if there is anyone out there who has had a similiar problem and managed to fix it. I would like to know how you fixed it. Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 06, 04:58 PM

Re: HELP PLEASE!!! My 95 Camaro won't start!!

Dunno Bout That Problem But I Have A 94 And Its Nothing But A Problem , Misfires Bad After Warmed Up
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 06, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

I had a similiar problem and I found out that it was a bad fuel pump. I went to Superior Automotive in Anahiem, CA. and they put it in for me for $400.00. They said that all I needed was to buy the part and they'll put it in. I went to Kragen and bought the fuel pump for $180.00 and they installed it for me. Problem solved. The dealer wanted $1600.00 dollars. I said screw that.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 06, 06:10 PM

take the key to your local chevy dealer and go to the parts area.ask them to test the key with there tester for that.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 06, 06:04 PM
wdf

the key is a passive resistor,the most you should have to do is clean the contact area on both sides with a pencil eraser! BUT the most common failure is the key reading contacts in the ignition lock cylinder. repair requires replace lock cylinder with associated wiring harness to base of column/ OR install fixed resistor (same value) in place of harness! not a rookie job
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 06, 06:08 PM
wdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokbrigade
I had a similiar problem and I found out that it was a bad fuel pump. I went to Superior Automotive in Anahiem, CA. and they put it in for me for $400.00. They said that all I needed was to buy the part and they'll put it in. I went to Kragen and bought the fuel pump for $180.00 and they installed it for me. Problem solved. The dealer wanted $1600.00 dollars. I said screw that.
blinking lite means security system problem!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 06, 10:42 AM
Senior Tech

Do you have a back up key that you could try? That would eliminate the possibility of a bad chip.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 06, 05:38 PM

Cool Re: HELP PLEASE!!! My 95 Camaro won't start!!

take your car to a place that does autostart alarms they have to do the same thing to install an autostart in all the newr cars. i used to work for one we did it all the time. a lot cheaper that going to the dealer a new key from the dealer is 55 dollars and if it is the key cylinder another 125. alarm place is about 25 to 40 and you won't have to have a special key every time you loose one good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode