2000 Camaro 3.8 V6 Fuel pump problem - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 06, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

2000 Camaro 3.8 V6 Fuel pump problem

We have a 2000 camaro with a v6 and we changed the fuel filter and now the fuel pump wont run. It ran fine before we changed the filter. The relays under the hood are all good. But we cant get the pump to kick on. Is there any kind of reset switch or relay? I was told that there is a test lead fro the fuel pump but cannot find it. Any help would be great.

We finally got the car to run but it shortly died afterwards. Now I have the problem that after you start the car it dies just a couple seconds after it is started. Any advice would help me out alot.

Thanks,
Aimee

Last edited by camarochic00; Mar 8th, 06 at 08:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 06, 07:52 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Re: 2000 Camaro 3.8 V6 Fuel pump problem

As for the problem you are experiencing, yes, I would check for fuel
pressure at the rails. If there is none, start by checking the fuse to the fuel pump circuit. If it's good, check your wiring -- make sure nothing has come loose or broken, burnt, etc... Verify that you have voltage present to the pump when you turn on the ignition. And, as a last resort, I would replace the pump, since it's the most complicated to do of the above mentioned items.

All I can think of to help sorry.

Joe

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 06, 07:55 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Re: 2000 Camaro 3.8 V6 Fuel pump problem

One more thing:

Do you have the filter installed in the right direction? Should have an arrow pointing on or something. Most of the time the arrow indicates that the point goes FWD or points to the front of the car.

Joe

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode